'Lincoln' Releases New Clips on Election Day
"Lincoln" unleashes some new clips just in time for the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, November 6. One of the sneak peeks sees Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Robert Todd Lincoln arguing with his father Abe (Daniel Day-Lewis) about some political issues, but the iconic president doesn't seem to really pay attention to his son as he's more concerned about polishing his shoes.
There's also a clip that sees Sally Field's Mary Todd Lincoln during her first meeting with Radical Republican Congressional leader Thaddeus Stevens (Tommy Lee Jones) at a formal party. The other snippet, meanwhile, focuses on Abe as he shares some of his ideas about equality to two young men at his office.
"Lincoln" focuses on Abe's tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, he pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery. The movie is slated for a November 9 release in limited U.S. theaters.
Though some people suggest Steven Spielberg decided to release the film on November 9 to hype up today's politics, the veteran filmmaker insisted that his movie had nothing to do with Barack Obama and Mitt Romney's race to the White House. "People say, 'Oh, you made it because what's happening in politics today!' It has nothing to do with the current politics," he claimed.
"It has nothing to do with holding a mirror up to the way we conduct our business on Capitol Hill today." He elaborated further, "This was meant to be a Lincoln portrait, if you will. I think anytime is the right time for a really compelling story."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby