'Lincoln' Releases New Clips on Election Day
"Lincoln" unleashes some new clips just in time for the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, November 6. One of the sneak peeks sees Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Robert Todd Lincoln arguing with his father Abe (Daniel Day-Lewis) about some political issues, but the iconic president doesn't seem to really pay attention to his son as he's more concerned about polishing his shoes.
There's also a clip that sees Sally Field's Mary Todd Lincoln during her first meeting with Radical Republican Congressional leader Thaddeus Stevens (Tommy Lee Jones) at a formal party. The other snippet, meanwhile, focuses on Abe as he shares some of his ideas about equality to two young men at his office.
"Lincoln" focuses on Abe's tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, he pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery. The movie is slated for a November 9 release in limited U.S. theaters.
Though some people suggest Steven Spielberg decided to release the film on November 9 to hype up today's politics, the veteran filmmaker insisted that his movie had nothing to do with Barack Obama and Mitt Romney's race to the White House. "People say, 'Oh, you made it because what's happening in politics today!' It has nothing to do with the current politics," he claimed.
"It has nothing to do with holding a mirror up to the way we conduct our business on Capitol Hill today." He elaborated further, "This was meant to be a Lincoln portrait, if you will. I think anytime is the right time for a really compelling story."
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?