Radiohead and Red Hot Chili Peppers Join Forces in New Album 'AMOK'
Radiohead's Thom Yorke and Red Hot Chili Peppers' Flea are teaming up to create what is expected to be edgy and experimental music on the new album "AMOK". Radiohead's producer Nigel Godrich, drummer Joey Waronker and percussionist Mauro Refosco will also be on board the project, which is slated for an early 2013 release.
The group of five musicians is better known as the experimental rock and electronic band, Atoms For Peace, formed back in 2009 through live jams and performances for Yorke's solo album, "The Eraser". The group performed their first official collaborative track in 2010 entitled "Judge, Jury, and Executioner" at the Roseland Ballroom. They went on to play at Coachella in 2010, and released their first single "Default" in September.
According to reports, the Radiohead frontman initially wanted to make a dance record but knew the album needed to contain his vocals in order for it to get any recall at all. "The best tunes I dance to always have at least one good vocal idea. There's no such thing, to me, as a good tune with no vocals," Yorke explained. "One of the things we were most excited about was ending up with a record where you weren't quite sure where the human starts and the machine ends," the musician added.
"Default", which is the first track that slipped from the album, can be now heard online and it presents those familiar electronic beats and complex rhythms that foretell what the sound of the whole record would be like.
"AMOK" will feature nine tracks and is set to hit the stores on January 28, 2013.
- "Before Your Very Eyes..."
- "Stuck Together Pieces"
- "Judge, Jury and Executioner"
- "Reverse Running"
Atoms For Peace's "Default":
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary