Radiohead and Red Hot Chili Peppers Join Forces in New Album 'AMOK'
Radiohead's Thom Yorke and Red Hot Chili Peppers' Flea are teaming up to create what is expected to be edgy and experimental music on the new album "AMOK". Radiohead's producer Nigel Godrich, drummer Joey Waronker and percussionist Mauro Refosco will also be on board the project, which is slated for an early 2013 release.
The group of five musicians is better known as the experimental rock and electronic band, Atoms For Peace, formed back in 2009 through live jams and performances for Yorke's solo album, "The Eraser". The group performed their first official collaborative track in 2010 entitled "Judge, Jury, and Executioner" at the Roseland Ballroom. They went on to play at Coachella in 2010, and released their first single "Default" in September.
According to reports, the Radiohead frontman initially wanted to make a dance record but knew the album needed to contain his vocals in order for it to get any recall at all. "The best tunes I dance to always have at least one good vocal idea. There's no such thing, to me, as a good tune with no vocals," Yorke explained. "One of the things we were most excited about was ending up with a record where you weren't quite sure where the human starts and the machine ends," the musician added.
"Default", which is the first track that slipped from the album, can be now heard online and it presents those familiar electronic beats and complex rhythms that foretell what the sound of the whole record would be like.
"AMOK" will feature nine tracks and is set to hit the stores on January 28, 2013.
- "Before Your Very Eyes..."
- "Stuck Together Pieces"
- "Judge, Jury and Executioner"
- "Reverse Running"
Atoms For Peace's "Default":
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle