Report: Cheryl Burke Wants to Do 'The Bachelorette'
Words on the street are, Cheryl Burke is eying a gig on another reality series. The pro dancer on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" is rumored to be interested in doing "The Bachelorette", which also airs on the Alphabet.
"ABC has asked her for years to do the show, she is holding out for a big payday because she knows she would bring a lot to the show," a source tells E! News. "She is taking a season off after this All Stars season to take a break and see about other opportunities."
Another source, however, begs to differ, claiming that Burke has met with ABC about doing a reality show, but she's not in talks for "The Bachelorette". Insisting that the Russian-Irish-Filipino dancer is the one who's begging to star on the dating show, the source says Burke's casting is "never gonna happen! Never!"
A third source also nixes the idea of Burke's participation on "The Bachelorette", explaining that the "Bachelorette" producers won't cast someone from another show, because they want "real people" on the dating reality series.
Burke herself recently said she would love to join "The Bachelorette" in a bid to find the love of her life. "If they offer it to me, I would love to do it," she admitted. "I really want to find someone that I could be with," she added, but pointed out that it "wouldn't be a career move. It is more about genuinely wanting to find love."
The 28-year-old beauty also revealed she had no intention to quit dancing anytime soon, "but it would be nice to take a little bit of a break" from "DWTS". She's currently paired with Emmitt Smith in the "All-Stars" edition and remains under contract with the dancing competition for several more seasons.
More The Bachelorette News
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease