Scarlett Johansson Recalls Filming 'Terrifying' Shower Scene in 'Hitchcock'
Recreating one of the most iconic scenes in movie history was not an easy task for Scarlett Johansson. In an interview for the latest issue of V magazine, the 27-year-old actress recalled the challenges in recreating Janet Leigh's "Psycho" shower scene for upcoming movie "Hitchcock".
"We only had the luxury to shoot the scene for a day, and everybody was feeling very nervous because it involved water and nobody wants the actor to get wet," said ScarJo. "They were concerned with modesty and all these things - but I don't care about any of that stuff and Janet Leigh never did either."
The Black Widow of "The Avengers" went on revealing that the most terrifying part was when Anthony Hopkins's Alfred Hitchcock literally swung a knife at her while she was in the shower. "You have got to be brave, get into the shower, and face Anthony Hopkins as Hitchcock jabbing you in the face with a 12-inch kitchen knife," she said.
"As much as Anthony Hopkins is a pussycat, he's terrifying," she went on saying about her veteran co-star. "Maybe I watched 'Silence of the Lambs' too many times when I was a kid. Maybe I was having some flashbacks. So I didn't need too much preparation for the scene."
Directed by Sacha Gervasi, "Hitchcock" has been stealing critics' and movie lovers' attention since it was first announced earlier this year. The film promises to tell the untold story of Hitchcock's struggles during the making of the 1960 seminal film "Physco".
Dubbed a serious awards contender, the film follows Hitchcock's relationship with his wife, editor and assistant director Alma Reville. She was his sounding board and constant collaborator for the fifty-four years of their marriage, and had a keen mind for dialogue and continuity.
Helen Mirren, Jessica Biel, Michael Stuhlbarg, Toni Collette, Danny Huston and James D'Arcy also support the high-profile drama which will grace selected U.S. theaters on November 23.
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments