Brooke Shields Speaks of Her Love for Her Mother After She Died at 79
Brooke Shields has reacted to her mother Teri Shields' death. It was widely known that the "Lipstick Jungle" actress had a tumultuous relationship with her late mom, but whatever came between them was long forgotten and didn't break the bond between the daughter and the mother.
Brooke speaks lovingly of Teri to E! News, "My mother was an enormous part of my life and of who I am today. I loved her, laughed with her, and respected her." The actress, now 47, adds in a statement, "And although she had her share of struggles, she was my mom."
Teri passed away at the age of 79 on Wednesday, October 31 in Manhattan following a long illness related to dementia. She was divorced from Brooke's father when Brooke was 5 months old and was estranged from her famous daughter in the 1990s but they reconciled at her golden age.
Teri became Brooke's full-time manager since Brooke was a kid. She earned backlashes for infamously allowing a photographer to take nude pictures of 10-year-old Brooke. She's also criticized for landing young Brooke racy roles in 1978's "Pretty Baby" and in 1980's film "The Blue Lagoon".
"It's only a role," Brooke once defended her mother. "I'm not going to grow up and be a prostitute."
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair