Brooke Shields Speaks of Her Love for Her Mother After She Died at 79
Brooke Shields has reacted to her mother Teri Shields' death. It was widely known that the "Lipstick Jungle" actress had a tumultuous relationship with her late mom, but whatever came between them was long forgotten and didn't break the bond between the daughter and the mother.
Brooke speaks lovingly of Teri to E! News, "My mother was an enormous part of my life and of who I am today. I loved her, laughed with her, and respected her." The actress, now 47, adds in a statement, "And although she had her share of struggles, she was my mom."
Teri passed away at the age of 79 on Wednesday, October 31 in Manhattan following a long illness related to dementia. She was divorced from Brooke's father when Brooke was 5 months old and was estranged from her famous daughter in the 1990s but they reconciled at her golden age.
Teri became Brooke's full-time manager since Brooke was a kid. She earned backlashes for infamously allowing a photographer to take nude pictures of 10-year-old Brooke. She's also criticized for landing young Brooke racy roles in 1978's "Pretty Baby" and in 1980's film "The Blue Lagoon".
"It's only a role," Brooke once defended her mother. "I'm not going to grow up and be a prostitute."
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis