Brooke Shields Speaks of Her Love for Her Mother After She Died at 79
Brooke Shields has reacted to her mother Teri Shields' death. It was widely known that the "Lipstick Jungle" actress had a tumultuous relationship with her late mom, but whatever came between them was long forgotten and didn't break the bond between the daughter and the mother.
Brooke speaks lovingly of Teri to E! News, "My mother was an enormous part of my life and of who I am today. I loved her, laughed with her, and respected her." The actress, now 47, adds in a statement, "And although she had her share of struggles, she was my mom."
Teri passed away at the age of 79 on Wednesday, October 31 in Manhattan following a long illness related to dementia. She was divorced from Brooke's father when Brooke was 5 months old and was estranged from her famous daughter in the 1990s but they reconciled at her golden age.
Teri became Brooke's full-time manager since Brooke was a kid. She earned backlashes for infamously allowing a photographer to take nude pictures of 10-year-old Brooke. She's also criticized for landing young Brooke racy roles in 1978's "Pretty Baby" and in 1980's film "The Blue Lagoon".
"It's only a role," Brooke once defended her mother. "I'm not going to grow up and be a prostitute."
More Brooke Shields News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen