Brooke Shields Speaks of Her Love for Her Mother After She Died at 79
Brooke Shields has reacted to her mother Teri Shields' death. It was widely known that the "Lipstick Jungle" actress had a tumultuous relationship with her late mom, but whatever came between them was long forgotten and didn't break the bond between the daughter and the mother.
Brooke speaks lovingly of Teri to E! News, "My mother was an enormous part of my life and of who I am today. I loved her, laughed with her, and respected her." The actress, now 47, adds in a statement, "And although she had her share of struggles, she was my mom."
Teri passed away at the age of 79 on Wednesday, October 31 in Manhattan following a long illness related to dementia. She was divorced from Brooke's father when Brooke was 5 months old and was estranged from her famous daughter in the 1990s but they reconciled at her golden age.
Teri became Brooke's full-time manager since Brooke was a kid. She earned backlashes for infamously allowing a photographer to take nude pictures of 10-year-old Brooke. She's also criticized for landing young Brooke racy roles in 1978's "Pretty Baby" and in 1980's film "The Blue Lagoon".
"It's only a role," Brooke once defended her mother. "I'm not going to grow up and be a prostitute."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie