Sylvester Stallone Debunks Nicolas Cage's Casting in 'Expendables 3'
A day after it was widely shared that Sylvester Stallone confirmed Nicolas Cage joined "The Expendables 3", the "Rambo" actor himself made a surprising statement by debunking the casting report. Sly insisted that he never announced the news on a Facebook page, which was later claimed to be a fan page.
Speaking to Deadline to clarify the mixed-up report, Sly claimed that he "has no knowledge of Nic Cage joining Expendables 3." The 66-year-old action veteran stated that rumors suggesting Nic has become the latest addition to "The Expendables" gang was "false."
Earlier this week, words ran rampant that Sly confirmed via Facebook about Nic's casting. His quote was apparently cited from his interview with Spain's El Pais during a European junket for "The Expendables 2" last summer, where he was asked who he would like to see in the third movie.
"We have confirmed Nicolas Cage, a master actor who gives a veneer intellectual group," so the statement that caused the online frenzy read. "Hopefully we can realize to Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and Mickey Rourke. That is the great mission of the producer."
Though the Nicolas Cage report has been brushed off, NuImage/Millenium Films brought a good news by announcing that "Expendables 3" is in the offering. The studio has been actively selling the film's international distribution rights at AFM 2012 for this past week.
The last "Expendables" was released last August 17 with Chuck Norris and Liam Hemsworth among the new members in the cast ensemble. So far, the film has collected $289.5 million worldwide.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder