Sylvester Stallone Debunks Nicolas Cage's Casting in 'Expendables 3'
A day after it was widely shared that Sylvester Stallone confirmed Nicolas Cage joined "The Expendables 3", the "Rambo" actor himself made a surprising statement by debunking the casting report. Sly insisted that he never announced the news on a Facebook page, which was later claimed to be a fan page.
Speaking to Deadline to clarify the mixed-up report, Sly claimed that he "has no knowledge of Nic Cage joining Expendables 3." The 66-year-old action veteran stated that rumors suggesting Nic has become the latest addition to "The Expendables" gang was "false."
Earlier this week, words ran rampant that Sly confirmed via Facebook about Nic's casting. His quote was apparently cited from his interview with Spain's El Pais during a European junket for "The Expendables 2" last summer, where he was asked who he would like to see in the third movie.
"We have confirmed Nicolas Cage, a master actor who gives a veneer intellectual group," so the statement that caused the online frenzy read. "Hopefully we can realize to Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and Mickey Rourke. That is the great mission of the producer."
Though the Nicolas Cage report has been brushed off, NuImage/Millenium Films brought a good news by announcing that "Expendables 3" is in the offering. The studio has been actively selling the film's international distribution rights at AFM 2012 for this past week.
The last "Expendables" was released last August 17 with Chuck Norris and Liam Hemsworth among the new members in the cast ensemble. So far, the film has collected $289.5 million worldwide.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris