The Civil Wars Drop Tour Dates Due to 'Irreconcilable Differences'
Grammy-winning folk-pop duo, The Civil Wars, have cancelled all their upcoming tour dates because of "internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition". During their announcement Tuesday, November 6, the pair also made it clear that they were unable to "continue as a touring entity at this time."
The unexpected turn of events was conveniently summarized online through Joy Williams and John Paul White's Facebook wall. In their statement, they apologized for dropping the tour dates and made an offer to refund anyone's non-refundable charges incurred with the cancellation, including service charges and travel reservations.
"We sincerely apologize for the canceling of all of our tour dates. It is something we deeply regret. However, due to internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition we are unable to continue as a touring entity at this time. We thank each and every one of you for your amazing love & support. Our sincere hope is to have new music for you in 2013," wrote the duo on Facebook.
Williams and White started writing together back in 2008 when they met in Nashville. The two musicians released an EP, which featured the track "Poison and Wine" and was played on the medical drama "Grey's Anatomy" in 2009.
They also have one full-length album, "Barton Hollow", released in February 2011. Recognition for the pair's work came swiftly as they got nominations from Americana Music Awards, CMA Awards, CMT Awards and for two Grammys for best folk album and best country duo/group performance. The Civil Wars won both Grammys.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival