First Look: Tom Hanks Channels Walt Disney on 'Saving Mr. Banks' Set
A first look at Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in "Saving Mr. Banks" has gone online. Taken during the filming of the movie in Disneyland on Tuesday, November 6, the photo sees Hanks being clad in a dapper black suit and sporting Disney's signature mustache and sleek haircut.
The image was snapped by a Twitter user named Melissa Farley when the actor passed by during the shooting. "Just freaking met Tom Hanks after taking this pic! He called me Minnie and was super nice!!!!!" so the user tweeted excitedly along with the picture.
Aside from Hanks' first look, another photo from the set of "Saving Mr. Banks" makes its round online. The other picture features a number of extras dressing up in retro outfits as part of the filming. According to Inside the Magic, they were hired internally from Disneyland's Cast Members.
It is reported that the areas that will be used as the shooting locations in Disneyland include Main Street, USA, Main Street Vehicles, Carnation Cafe, Plaza Inn, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Fantasyland and Astro Orbitor.
"Saving Mr. Banks" centers on how Disney persuaded author P.L. Travers to sell the rights of "Mary Poppins", and how Travers was dissatisfied with aspects of the film, especially since the story was deeply personal to her. Before filming in Disneyland, the project was recently shot at the Grauman's Chinese Theater, where the 1964 premiere of "Mary Poppins" was recreated.
To open Stateside on December 20, 2013, "Saving Mr. Banks" is also supported by Emma Thompson, Colin Farrell, Paul Giamatti, Jason Schwartzman, Rachel Griffiths, Kathy Baker, B.J. Novak, Ruth Wilson, Annie Buckley and Bradley Whitford. John Lee Hancock serves as the director.
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs