Brooke Shields' Mother Passed Away After Long Illness
Brooke Shields' mother Teri, who guided her acting career, has passed away at the age of 79. A spokesman for Brooke said late Monday, November 5 that Teri died last Wednesday, October 31 in Manhattan following a long illness related to dementia.
Teri pushed Brooke into entertainment business when her daughter was only 11 months old. The baby was paid $25 to pose for an Ivory Soap ad. Some later decisions made by Teri for Brooke were controversial. She allowed a photographer to take nude pictures of Brooke when she was 10. Brooke established her young sex bomb image when she starred in a Calvin Klein jeans ad in which she said, "Nothing comes between me and my Calvins."
Then Teri allowed Brooke to star as a young prostitute in 1978's "Pretty Baby" and acted in 1980 R-rated film "The Blue Lagoon". In defense of her mother's decision, Brooke said, "It's only a role. ...I'm not going to grow up and be a prostitute."
However, Teri and Brooke's relationship did not always go smoothly. Brooke said back in the 1990s, "I grew up in an alcoholic household." She fired her mother as manager later, allegedly because Teri did not approve her relationship with tennis pro Andre Agassi who later became her husband. However, the mother daughter reconciled in Teri's golden age.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier