Brooke Shields' Mother Passed Away After Long Illness
Brooke Shields' mother Teri, who guided her acting career, has passed away at the age of 79. A spokesman for Brooke said late Monday, November 5 that Teri died last Wednesday, October 31 in Manhattan following a long illness related to dementia.
Teri pushed Brooke into entertainment business when her daughter was only 11 months old. The baby was paid $25 to pose for an Ivory Soap ad. Some later decisions made by Teri for Brooke were controversial. She allowed a photographer to take nude pictures of Brooke when she was 10. Brooke established her young sex bomb image when she starred in a Calvin Klein jeans ad in which she said, "Nothing comes between me and my Calvins."
Then Teri allowed Brooke to star as a young prostitute in 1978's "Pretty Baby" and acted in 1980 R-rated film "The Blue Lagoon". In defense of her mother's decision, Brooke said, "It's only a role. ...I'm not going to grow up and be a prostitute."
However, Teri and Brooke's relationship did not always go smoothly. Brooke said back in the 1990s, "I grew up in an alcoholic household." She fired her mother as manager later, allegedly because Teri did not approve her relationship with tennis pro Andre Agassi who later became her husband. However, the mother daughter reconciled in Teri's golden age.
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps