Beyonce Wrote Personal Letter to Obama on Election Eve
Beyonce Knowles pulled a last minute effort to gather votes for Barack Obama. The "Crazy in Love" singer took to her official website on Monday, November 5 night and posted a handwritten letter for the current U.S. President, talking about her "respect and adoration" for him.
"President Obama, everyday we see your heart and character, inspiring all of us to give more of ourselves," the letter reads. "You are the leader to take us from where we are to where we need to be. You are the reason my daughter and nephew will grow up knowing that they can truly be ANYTHING they want to be. All my respect and adoration, Beyonce."
Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z have been outspoken supporters of Obama since his first election. She performed at his 2008 inauguration. Together with Jay-Z, she raised $4 million in a fundraiser event to fund Obama's re-election campaign.
She also wrote a personal letter to First Lady Michelle Obama back in April. "She's a caring mother, she's a loving wife, while at the same time, she is the First Lady!" Beyonce wrote. "Michelle, thank you so much for every single thing you do for us - I am proud to have my daughter grow up in a world where she has people like you to look up to."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media