Kristen Stewart's Favorite Brand Balenciaga Loses Its Creative Director
Kristen Stewart's favorite fashion label, Balenciaga, will have to say goodbye to its creative director, Nicolas Ghesquiere, on November 30. The brand's parent company, PPR, wrote down in a statement, "The Balenciaga fashion house and Nicolas Ghesquiere have announced their joint decision to end their working relationship as of 30 November 2012."
The news was shocking, even for Balenciaga insiders. The fashion label's representative Lionel Vermeil was also startled, saying, "Last week you have Sandy. This week you have Nicolas Ghesquiere leaves Balenciaga." When asked about whether he just heard the news the day he spoke, he laughed off, "Read my lips."
In PPR's official site, Francois-Henri Pinault, the Chairman and Chief Executive of PPR, said, "Christobal Balenciaga was a master, a genius whose avant-garde vision dictated fashion's greatest trends and inspired generations of designers." He went on, "With an incomparable creative talent, Nicolas has brought to Balenciaga an artistic contribution essential to the unique influence of the house."
Nicolas' resignation may also become a loss to Kristen since he was the one who tapped the "On the Road" actress as the brand's spokeswoman for Florabotanica, its newest fragrance. She once commented on the creative director's excellent creativity in an interview with Balenciaga, "He's very conceptual in the way he makes his stuff." Later, she gushed, "It's really rare and really special."
The Bella Cullen of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" also expressed her love toward the fragrance. "Luckily, I like the smell of the fragrance, so I don't have to lie about that," she said.
More Kristen Stewart News
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl