Katie Holmes Rides NYC Subway Home After a Broadway Performance
Katie Holmes doesn't mind taking a public transportation. Instead of riding a private car or taking a taxi, the actress opted to take a subway ride with a bunch of ordinary people after her first Broadway preview performance of "Dead Accounts" on Monday, November 5.
Wearing a black coat, trousers, shoes, and sunglasses, the ex-wife of Tom Cruise tied her hair in a bun. The "Jack and Jill" actress reportedly was heading home. Before riding the subway, she was spotted walking through Times Square with her bodyguard, who also accompanied her in the subway.
The "Dead Accounts" gig marks Katie's second Broadway role following her Broadway debut in 2008 through "All My Sons". In the Theresa Rebeck-written play, she portrays Lorna, a single mom and sister of a con-man, who suddenly returns home and raises many questions. She is still waiting for the reaction of Broadway critics toward her acting as Lorna.
Katie and 6-year-old daughter Suri Cruise recently evacuated from their Chelsea apartment in downtown Manhattan after Hurricane Sandy attacked New York at the end of October. It turned off power and shut off water in their apartment.
"Suri might be used to helicopters and chauffeured cars, but once the storm hit we were all the same," a resident of the apartment said. "They had to walk from the 12th floor, with no lights, like everyone else."
More Katie Holmes News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny