Katie Holmes Rides NYC Subway Home After a Broadway Performance
Katie Holmes doesn't mind taking a public transportation. Instead of riding a private car or taking a taxi, the actress opted to take a subway ride with a bunch of ordinary people after her first Broadway preview performance of "Dead Accounts" on Monday, November 5.
Wearing a black coat, trousers, shoes, and sunglasses, the ex-wife of Tom Cruise tied her hair in a bun. The "Jack and Jill" actress reportedly was heading home. Before riding the subway, she was spotted walking through Times Square with her bodyguard, who also accompanied her in the subway.
The "Dead Accounts" gig marks Katie's second Broadway role following her Broadway debut in 2008 through "All My Sons". In the Theresa Rebeck-written play, she portrays Lorna, a single mom and sister of a con-man, who suddenly returns home and raises many questions. She is still waiting for the reaction of Broadway critics toward her acting as Lorna.
Katie and 6-year-old daughter Suri Cruise recently evacuated from their Chelsea apartment in downtown Manhattan after Hurricane Sandy attacked New York at the end of October. It turned off power and shut off water in their apartment.
"Suri might be used to helicopters and chauffeured cars, but once the storm hit we were all the same," a resident of the apartment said. "They had to walk from the 12th floor, with no lights, like everyone else."
More Katie Holmes News
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'
- Kylie Jenner Forced to Leave Las Vegas Event by Anti-Fur Protestors
- Awkward Reunion! Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Say a Quick Hello at Pal's Birthday
- Scott Disick Caught Bringing a 'Tramp' to His Hotel Room in 'KUWTK' Preview
- Gigi Hadid's Super Sweet Birthday Picture With Zayn Malik Will Make You Jealous