'Da Vinci's Demons' First Trailer Teases the Intriguing Life of the Famous Thinker
Starz has given away first footage from its new series "Da Vinci's Demons", which is slated to debut in spring 2013. The newly-released trailer teases an intriguing life of the titular character, who has been warned about playing a dangerous game, but refuses to back down.
Coming from David S. Goyer who co-wrote two superhero films "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Man of Steel", the historical fantasy series is set to present the "untold' story of the world's greatest genius during his turbulent youth in Renaissance Florence."
Brilliant and passionate, the 25-year-old artist, inventor, swordsman, lover, dreamer and idealist is in a conflict between truth and lies, religion and reason, past and future. Living in a world where thought and faith are controlled, he fights to set knowledge free.
British actor Tom Riley tackles the lead role as Da Vinci, joined by Laura Haddock who portrays the celebrated beauty with obscure motives, Lucrezia Donati; Elliot Cowan as the shrewd de factor ruler of Florence, Lorenzo Medici; Lara Pulver as his wife Clarice Orsini; and Blake Ritson as Pope Sixtus' ruthless bastard son, Count Riario.
"Da Vinci's Demons" is the first project under the multi-year agreement between Starz Entertainment and BBC Worldwide Productions. Goyer teams up with Julie Gardner and Jane Tranter to executive produce it.
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12