Justin Bieber, Ke$ha and Usher Confirmed for American Music Awards 2012
Just when things could not possibly get even more interesting and huge at the upcoming 40th Annual American Music Awards, the AMAs organizing body announced more artists who are confirmed to perform at the November 18 event. Justin Bieber, Usher, No Doubt and Ke$ha are all set to join previously announced performers Taylor Swift, Christina Aguilera, Nicki Minaj, Pitbull and Linkin Park.
Usher, who is up for three nominations including Favorite Male Artist: Pop/Rock, expressed his excitement via his Twitter wall and wrote, "It feels good to be recognized for my work on#Looking4Myself. Really proud of my 3 AMA nominations!"
The "U Got It Bad" hitmaker has some tough competition as he shares his Favorite Male nomination with Bieber who is also vying for the Favorite Album: Pop/Rock award and Artist of the Year.
The AMAs organizers are expected to reveal more guest performers in the coming weeks. One name that is still missing in the line-up is Rihanna, who leads the nominees this year together with rapper Nicki Minaj. The female artists have four nominations each.
Drake, Maroon 5, One Direction, Carrie Underwood and Pitbull also have more than one nomination this year. A new category, Electronic Dance Music, will also be introduced this year and includes David Guetta, Calvin Harris and Skrillex as the nominees.
The 2012 AMAs will air on ABC on November 18 starting at 8 P.M. EST/PST.
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split