Miley Cyrus Seeks Permanent Restraining Order Against Scissor Intruder
Seemingly, Miley Cyrus is still afraid of stalker Jason Luis Rivera, who once broke into her house. According to TMZ, the actress is currently looking for more protection by filing a request for a permanent restraining order to prevent the stalker from visiting her again.
On October 30, the "Hannah Montana: The Movie" star filed the request for a restraining order. The court then signed the order on the same day. Based on the temporary order, Jason has to stay at least 1,000 yards away from the 19-year-old actress' property at all times. A court hearing to decide whether to fulfill Miley's request for a permanent stay away or not has been scheduled to take place later this November.
On September 8, Jason jumped Miley's house fence and said to the people in her mansion that he wanted to see the "Party in the U.S.A." songstress while she wasn't home. The 40-year-old stalker was busted by police at a makeshift shrine in the "So Undercover" star's backyard.
When the police tried to arrest him, he took out a pair of scissors to threaten them. However, they succeeded to apprehend him. "I am a friend of Miley Cyrus. I am. She's my wife. Me and Miley have been friends for five years," the scissor-wielding stalker claimed.
"I would say delusional is a good characterization of him," Lt. Brian Wendling told E! News at the time. Jason was charged with trespassing, resisting arrest, and attempted burglary. A bail was set at $100,000. Though he pleaded not guilty, he was sentenced to 18 months in prison.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says