Miley Cyrus Seeks Permanent Restraining Order Against Scissor Intruder
Seemingly, Miley Cyrus is still afraid of stalker Jason Luis Rivera, who once broke into her house. According to TMZ, the actress is currently looking for more protection by filing a request for a permanent restraining order to prevent the stalker from visiting her again.
On October 30, the "Hannah Montana: The Movie" star filed the request for a restraining order. The court then signed the order on the same day. Based on the temporary order, Jason has to stay at least 1,000 yards away from the 19-year-old actress' property at all times. A court hearing to decide whether to fulfill Miley's request for a permanent stay away or not has been scheduled to take place later this November.
On September 8, Jason jumped Miley's house fence and said to the people in her mansion that he wanted to see the "Party in the U.S.A." songstress while she wasn't home. The 40-year-old stalker was busted by police at a makeshift shrine in the "So Undercover" star's backyard.
When the police tried to arrest him, he took out a pair of scissors to threaten them. However, they succeeded to apprehend him. "I am a friend of Miley Cyrus. I am. She's my wife. Me and Miley have been friends for five years," the scissor-wielding stalker claimed.
"I would say delusional is a good characterization of him," Lt. Brian Wendling told E! News at the time. Jason was charged with trespassing, resisting arrest, and attempted burglary. A bail was set at $100,000. Though he pleaded not guilty, he was sentenced to 18 months in prison.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single