PGA to Honor J.J. Abrams With Lifetime Achievement Award in Television
J.J. Abrams will be honored for his works on small screen at the upcoming PGA Awards. On Monday, November 5, Producers Guild of America announced that the "Fringe" creator would receive the Norman Lear Achievement in Television Award at its upcoming annual event, which is scheduled to take place on January 26, 2013 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
PGA Chairman Michael DeLuca said in a statement, "J.J. Abrams has produced some of the most iconic and highest-rated television shows of the past decade and longer, series that have changed the landscape of television. His talent is astonishing, and through his commitment to ingenious storytelling, compelling characters and television programming of the highest quality, he truly lives up to this award's namesake."
The film and television producer, Abrams, himself responded to being chosen as the award recipient, "It is an incredible honor to be asked to accept the Producers Guild Norman Lear Award, especially since Mr. Lear is one of my true heroes. I feel privileged to be included among the prestigious list of past recipients."
Abrams had written and produced several feature films before he made his first foray into television by co-creating "Felicity" in 1998. His other well-received shows included "Lost", "Alias" and "Fringe". The "Star Trek" helmer is currently also executive producing CBS' sophomore series "Person of Interest" and NBC's freshman "Revolution".
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper