PGA to Honor J.J. Abrams With Lifetime Achievement Award in Television
J.J. Abrams will be honored for his works on small screen at the upcoming PGA Awards. On Monday, November 5, Producers Guild of America announced that the "Fringe" creator would receive the Norman Lear Achievement in Television Award at its upcoming annual event, which is scheduled to take place on January 26, 2013 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
PGA Chairman Michael DeLuca said in a statement, "J.J. Abrams has produced some of the most iconic and highest-rated television shows of the past decade and longer, series that have changed the landscape of television. His talent is astonishing, and through his commitment to ingenious storytelling, compelling characters and television programming of the highest quality, he truly lives up to this award's namesake."
The film and television producer, Abrams, himself responded to being chosen as the award recipient, "It is an incredible honor to be asked to accept the Producers Guild Norman Lear Award, especially since Mr. Lear is one of my true heroes. I feel privileged to be included among the prestigious list of past recipients."
Abrams had written and produced several feature films before he made his first foray into television by co-creating "Felicity" in 1998. His other well-received shows included "Lost", "Alias" and "Fringe". The "Star Trek" helmer is currently also executive producing CBS' sophomore series "Person of Interest" and NBC's freshman "Revolution".
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie