Imogen Poots and Zac Efron Are 'Officially Dating' in New Movie
Imogen Poots and Zac Efron will be tangled in a romantic relationship in their new movie. Deadline reports that the "Fright Night" actress has signed on to join the "Hairspray" star in a romantic comedy flick called "Are We Officially Dating?".
The casting news was announced Monday, November 5 during the American Film Market 2012, where QED International was handling the international sales for the movie project. Tom Gormican has been tapped to serve as the director in addition to providing the screenplay which made it to the 2010 Black List.
"Are We Officially Dating?" follows three friends in Manhattan who make a pact to remain single, just as each of them starts to fall in love. The filming is expected to begin in New York this fall. In addition to Poots and Efron, it will star Miles Teller and Deborah Ann Woll.
Poots has recently been seen starring opposite Philip Seymour Hoffman in "A Late Quartet", and will star opposite Penn Badgley in a Jeff Buckley biopic "Greetings From Tim Buckley". She's also been attached to DreamWorks Studios' "Need for Speed".
As for Efron, he was last seen starring opposite Nicole Kidman, John Cusack and Matthew McConaughey in Lee Daniels' "The Paperboy". Adding another high-profile movie project to his resume, the former Disney star will also be seen starring opposite Dennis Quaid in "At Any Price". Recently, he's been in negotiations to take part in "You Belong to Me" alongside Harrison Ford.
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis