TLC Working on New Album After 10 Years
At the recently concluded Music of Black Origin (MOBO) Awards, Tionne Watkins a.k.a T-Boz and Rozonda Thomas a.k.a Chilli confirmed that they were busy working on a new TLC full-length album. It would mark their first offering since 2002's "3D" and the untimely passing of third band member Lisa Lopes a.k.a Left Eye.
The surviving members of the 90's group made the announcement during the awards night held in Liverpool as they accepted their Outstanding Contribution Honors. The duo also talked about going on tour for the new album and Lopes could be incorporated into the accompanying tour in the form of a hologram.
"We're going to still sound like TLC, evolving to whatever level we need to be at this time," explained T-Boz in an interview with BBC. "When that stops working, maybe we'll hang up the towel, but that still works. We have to get into the studio and start feeling how we feel. You have to find yourself first and then you find the path and then you have an album before you know it," added the singer.
TLC were one of the best-selling and highly significant hip hop/R'n'B acts of the 1990's. The group was responsible for such big hits like "Waterfalls", "Creep" and "No Scrubs". Their works eventually came to a halt after the untimely death of Lopes in a car accident in Honduras.
At present, T-Boz and Chilli are working on a biopic for VH1, taking on producer roles and casting actresses to play themselves.
TLC MOBO Awards acceptance video:
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard