Lil Wayne Ordered to Pay Quincy Jones III Over $2 Million in 'Carter' Lawsuit
Lil Wayne lost in a legal feud against Quincy Jones III, the director who made a documentary about his life while he recorded his 2008 album "Tha Carter III". He now owes Quincy $2,195,000 after he was countersued by the filmmaker for preventing the movie from being profitable.
Weezy sued Quincy for allegedly creating a "scandalous portrayal" of him, but the rapper failed to show up in the courtroom following his recent health scare that led his private jet to make an emergency landing. As a result, a video of his deposition was shown in front the judge but it put him in disadvantage.
In the footage that leaked earlier this year, the Young Money rap mogul looked overly comfortable while appearing dismissive by stubbornly repeating the same answers to a series of "do you recall" questions from Quincy's lawyer Pete Ross.
Weezy said "I don't recall" or "I don't remember" again and again when the attorney tried to make him confirm his runs-in with the law including his 2010 jail stint on Rikers Island. At one point, he blurted, "I don't know" even before the next question was fired.
When he was asked to wait for the question, Weezy shrugged it off, "I'm sorry, that's my psychic." He also mocked the lawyer when asked to verify whether or not he gave an interview with Katie Couric. "That's a stupid a** question. You just saw me on there giving an interview with her," he pointed to the TV in the room.
While his "hilarious" deposition put him on headlines and spanned lots of posts by online media outlets, the judge was not amused by it. The "Lollipop" hitmaker was chastised for his "unreasonable conduct in the deposition" and "irresponsible behavior."
Weezy hasn't commented on his court loss. Rumor has it, he is currently recuperating at his mother's home in Louisiana. Reports suggested he suffered from seizures, but his representative insisted he was treated for "severe migraine and dehydration." He himself tweeted, "Thanx for all the prayers! I am good."
More Lil Wayne News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?