Lil Wayne Ordered to Pay Quincy Jones III Over $2 Million in 'Carter' Lawsuit
Lil Wayne lost in a legal feud against Quincy Jones III, the director who made a documentary about his life while he recorded his 2008 album "Tha Carter III". He now owes Quincy $2,195,000 after he was countersued by the filmmaker for preventing the movie from being profitable.
Weezy sued Quincy for allegedly creating a "scandalous portrayal" of him, but the rapper failed to show up in the courtroom following his recent health scare that led his private jet to make an emergency landing. As a result, a video of his deposition was shown in front the judge but it put him in disadvantage.
In the footage that leaked earlier this year, the Young Money rap mogul looked overly comfortable while appearing dismissive by stubbornly repeating the same answers to a series of "do you recall" questions from Quincy's lawyer Pete Ross.
Weezy said "I don't recall" or "I don't remember" again and again when the attorney tried to make him confirm his runs-in with the law including his 2010 jail stint on Rikers Island. At one point, he blurted, "I don't know" even before the next question was fired.
When he was asked to wait for the question, Weezy shrugged it off, "I'm sorry, that's my psychic." He also mocked the lawyer when asked to verify whether or not he gave an interview with Katie Couric. "That's a stupid a** question. You just saw me on there giving an interview with her," he pointed to the TV in the room.
While his "hilarious" deposition put him on headlines and spanned lots of posts by online media outlets, the judge was not amused by it. The "Lollipop" hitmaker was chastised for his "unreasonable conduct in the deposition" and "irresponsible behavior."
Weezy hasn't commented on his court loss. Rumor has it, he is currently recuperating at his mother's home in Louisiana. Reports suggested he suffered from seizures, but his representative insisted he was treated for "severe migraine and dehydration." He himself tweeted, "Thanx for all the prayers! I am good."
More Lil Wayne News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video