Nicolas Cage Confirmed for 'The Expendables 3'
"The Expendables" gang has added another A-list action veteran to its starry cast ensemble. Sylvester Stallone shares the good news that Nicolas Cage has officially signed on to "The Expendables 3". Sly also admits that he's still hoping that some other big names in action movies will say yes to join the project.
Taking to his personal Facebook page, the "Rambo" actor writes, "We are preparing the film with the same passion and commitment as the previous two." He then announces, "We have confirmed Nicolas Cage, a master actor who gives a veneer intellectual group. Hopefully we can realize to Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and Mickey Rourke. That is the great mission of the producer."
Teasing what fans can expect from the third movie, Sly shares, "We will continue with the same narrative scheme, the agility and the frenzy, which are inherent to the saga. What will definitely be the last? I can not guarantee."
"In principle it would be two deliveries, but the affection of the people encouraged us to work on a third. I guess as long as we amused ourselves by offering fun and people, we can continue playing 'The Expendables'," he goes on. "For now we are not as expendable as it should and as some critics want."
While Nic has been confirmed for the third "Expendables" flick, Chuck Norris had made it clear that he wouldn't return to the film franchise. "This is it for me. Oh, yeah. This is very special," he said back in August during the premiere of "The Expendables 2".
The last "Expendables" was released last August 17 with Chuck and Liam Hemsworth among the new members in the cast ensemble. So far, the film has collected $289.5 million worldwide.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones