Nicolas Cage Confirmed for 'The Expendables 3'
"The Expendables" gang has added another A-list action veteran to its starry cast ensemble. Sylvester Stallone shares the good news that Nicolas Cage has officially signed on to "The Expendables 3". Sly also admits that he's still hoping that some other big names in action movies will say yes to join the project.
Taking to his personal Facebook page, the "Rambo" actor writes, "We are preparing the film with the same passion and commitment as the previous two." He then announces, "We have confirmed Nicolas Cage, a master actor who gives a veneer intellectual group. Hopefully we can realize to Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and Mickey Rourke. That is the great mission of the producer."
Teasing what fans can expect from the third movie, Sly shares, "We will continue with the same narrative scheme, the agility and the frenzy, which are inherent to the saga. What will definitely be the last? I can not guarantee."
"In principle it would be two deliveries, but the affection of the people encouraged us to work on a third. I guess as long as we amused ourselves by offering fun and people, we can continue playing 'The Expendables'," he goes on. "For now we are not as expendable as it should and as some critics want."
While Nic has been confirmed for the third "Expendables" flick, Chuck Norris had made it clear that he wouldn't return to the film franchise. "This is it for me. Oh, yeah. This is very special," he said back in August during the premiere of "The Expendables 2".
The last "Expendables" was released last August 17 with Chuck and Liam Hemsworth among the new members in the cast ensemble. So far, the film has collected $289.5 million worldwide.
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!