'Elementary' Scores Post-Super Bowl Slot, CBS' Contents Will Stream on Hulu
"Elementary" lands the coveted slot post-Super Bowl XLVII, CBS has announced. The freshman drama, which presents a modern take on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes detective stories, will air a special episode on Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 7 P.M. PT/10 P.M. ET.
Year to year, Super Bowl continues to establish itself as the most-watched program in U.S. history. In 2012, the show drew 111.3 million viewers for NBC, while its follow-up program "The Voice" delivered 37.6 million viewers.
The upcoming Super Bowl will broadcast live from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana. Beyonce Knowles has been tapped to headline the halftime show.
In another news related to CBS, the network has now entered into a non-exclusive, multi-year content licensing deal with Hulu. Under the agreement, Hulu Plus subscribers will be able to watch more than 2,600 shows from the network's library, including "Medium", "Numb3rs", "CSI: Miami", "Star Trek", "I Love Lucy" and "The Twilight Zone", starting January 2013.
"We're excited to deliver CBS library programming to Hulu Plus subscribers," says CBS SVP of corporate licensing Scott Koondel. "This marks another agreement that meets the growing demand for our content on new platforms while establishing other incremental ways to get paid for our library."
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2