'Elementary' Scores Post-Super Bowl Slot, CBS' Contents Will Stream on Hulu
"Elementary" lands the coveted slot post-Super Bowl XLVII, CBS has announced. The freshman drama, which presents a modern take on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes detective stories, will air a special episode on Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 7 P.M. PT/10 P.M. ET.
Year to year, Super Bowl continues to establish itself as the most-watched program in U.S. history. In 2012, the show drew 111.3 million viewers for NBC, while its follow-up program "The Voice" delivered 37.6 million viewers.
The upcoming Super Bowl will broadcast live from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana. Beyonce Knowles has been tapped to headline the halftime show.
In another news related to CBS, the network has now entered into a non-exclusive, multi-year content licensing deal with Hulu. Under the agreement, Hulu Plus subscribers will be able to watch more than 2,600 shows from the network's library, including "Medium", "Numb3rs", "CSI: Miami", "Star Trek", "I Love Lucy" and "The Twilight Zone", starting January 2013.
"We're excited to deliver CBS library programming to Hulu Plus subscribers," says CBS SVP of corporate licensing Scott Koondel. "This marks another agreement that meets the growing demand for our content on new platforms while establishing other incremental ways to get paid for our library."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support