Aerosmith Play Free Concert in Front of Old Boston Apartment
Thousands of excited fans jammed 1325 Commonwealth Avenue in Boston when rock band Aerosmith put out a free concert on Monday, November 5. The band cheered the crowds in front of their former apartment building where their career started back in 1972.
Band members, Tom Hamilton, Brad Whitford, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, rocked their old neighborhood with their hits including "Walk This Way" and "Sweet Emotion" while standing on top of a converted tractor-trailer. People who were eager to get a good spot hung out of windows, went up their roofs, and blocked fire escapes just to snap a photo or video of the band performing.
"It feels like the world stood still for this. It feels like it was yesterday," Steven Tyler said in an interview with Reuters after the concert. Lead guitarist Joe Perry was also sentimental as he yelled, "That used to be my bedroom," to a woman looking out a second-story window.
Besides paying tribute and going back to their roots, the band also had two more things in their agenda during the free concert. They played to not only encourage people to vote but also promote their 15th studio album "Music From Another Dimension" which will be released on November 6.
The band also accepted and signed commemorative plaques which will be mounted outside the apartment building and serve as markers in the neighborhood where they lived in the early days of a career that has brought them four Grammy awards and more than 20 Top 40 hits.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance