Brad Pitt Collaborates With Frank Pollaro to Design a Furniture Line
Brad Pitt is going to add furniture designer to his already-long resume as an actor and a model among other things. The fiance of Angelina Jolie teams up with Frank Pollaro, whose firm in New Jersey is well known for its impeccable reproductions of Art Deco furnishings, to create a collection of home furnishings.
"I've been doodling ideas for buildings and furniture since the early 1990s, when I first discovered [Charles Rennie] Mackintosh and Frank Lloyd Wright," the father of six tells Architectural Digest. "Actually, I found Wright in college, when looking for a lazy two-point credit to get out of French. It forever changed my life."
Pitt met Pollaro a few years ago and their partnership was born as soon as the furnituremaker spotted the actor's sketchbook. The two men then regularly met for meetings. "We talk about design, about materials, about craftsmanship, about classicism, about modernism. He has a respect for the masters of design," Pollaro says.
The "Moneyball" star is "bent on quality to an unhealthy degree," while Pollaro "embodies the same mad spirit of the craftsmen of yore, with their obsessive attention to detail." The new face of Chanel No. 5 perfume gushes, "It just so happens Frank and I speak the same language. And we both have a predilection for far too much wine."
Pitt's creations will be debuted in New York starting November 13 through 15 with an official website to be launched on date 11. Fans can register for the upcoming unveiling on the Pollaro official site. The duo is going to exhibit "a dozen pieces - tables, chairs, and one rather fantastic bed" made in limited productions and signed by the actor.
Despite the hype over his work in the furnishing, Pitt is reluctant to be called a furniture designer. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves," so he says.
More Brad Pitt News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding