'Jersey Shore' Cast Reunites for MTV Hurricane Sandy Fundraiser
"Jersey Shore" has been canceled, but the cast members have signed up to support an MTV telethon. The live one-hour special called "Restore the Shore" will benefit relief efforts in New Jersey, which was recently damaged by Hurricane Sandy.
Also featuring other celebrity guests, the fundraiser will encourage viewers to donate to help reconstruct the Seaside Heights boardwalk and support the re-building efforts of businesses and residents in the area. MTV is joining forces with Architecture for Humanity, a non-profit organization that provides design and construction services after natural disasters.
"We are doing a live telethon to raise money to help rebuild," so Nicole Polizzi a.k.a. Snooki tweeted about the fundraiser. The mother of one recently also encouraged her fans to donate cleaning supplies, writing, "Help donate cleanin supplies,gloves,brooms,batteries,flashlights 2 help people rebuild their homes on SI u can drop them off@ 401 Guyon ave."
The MTV telethon will air live on Thursday, November 15 at 11 P.M. from MTV's Times Square Studio. During and after the event, viewers can donate online or via text message.
Previously, NBC held a Hurricane Sandy telethon featuring a host of A-list artists, namely Christina Aguilera, Jon Bon Jovi, Tina Fey, Jimmy Fallon and more to help victims of the superstorm. The event raised $23 million.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit