Shia LaBeouf Denies Demanding $18 M to Star in 'Transformers 4'
Shia LaBeouf apparently sticks to his decision not to return to the "Transformers" film franchise. The actor playing Sam Witwicky in the first three installments of the autobot war movie series has debunked recent rumors suggesting that he asked a tremendous amount of money to reprise his role in "Transformers 4".
A representative for LaBeouf clarified the reports to RumorFix, claiming that "the story is a complete fabrication." The rep explained that though the actor was still close to Michael Bay and Paramount Pictures, he had no plan to return to the franchise. "While Shia remains very close with the filmmakers/studio, he was never attached to the fourth installment (nor is he in negotiations at this time). Salary did not impact his decision," so said the rep.
LaBeouf bagged $15 million from last year's "Transformers: Dark of the Moon". Despite the big success of the movie, the 26-year-old actor insisted that he wouldn't come back for the fourth film. However, Star magazine recently claimed that the thesp was demanding $18 million if the studio wanted him for "T4".
"He wants a $3 million raise from the $15 million paycheck he received for Transformers: Dark of the Moon," claimed the tabloid, which also stated that "the 26-year-old is dissing his studio bosses and demanding more money."
Scheduled to open in the U.S. on June 27, 2014, "Transformers 4" still hasn't found its new lead. However, it has been rumored that the movie will possibly have a female character as the new lead. "The new female lead that they are looking for is a high school senior and her boyfriend a Texas racing driver," so Spoiler TV reported in October.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show