Katy Perry, Dave Matthews and John Mellencamp Rally for Obama
Music's big names appeared at different locations last week all in support of President Barack Obama's campaign for 2012. Artists Katy Perry, Dave Matthews and John Mellencamp delivered their performances at free shows in different cities where thousands of people attended the rally.
Perry, who wore a campaign-inspired bright blue minidress with Obama's slogan "Forward", attended the rally Saturday night, November 3 at Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The event attracted more than 20, 000 supporters who watched Perry perform her version of Al Green's soul hit "Let's Stay Together" along with "Part of Me", "Teenage Dream" and "Wide Awake". Perry also did not forget to encourage people to help Superstorm Sandy victims as she paused midway through her performance and urged fans to donate in various relief efforts.
That was not the first time Perry campaigned for the President. The "Firework" singer had also rallied for Obama last month in Las Vegas where she fittingly wore a ballot-themed dress and told audience to go out there and vote.
Other stars like Dave Matthews attended the estimated 24,000-strong rally at Virginia, while John Mellencamp was seen in Debuque, Iowa with the President campaigning in front of a five thousand plus crowd. Former President Bill Clinton, who was losing his voice from campaigning, was also present at Virginia and said that he had given "my voice in the service of my president," reported the Associated Press.
More Katy Perry News
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'