Katy Perry, Dave Matthews and John Mellencamp Rally for Obama
Music's big names appeared at different locations last week all in support of President Barack Obama's campaign for 2012. Artists Katy Perry, Dave Matthews and John Mellencamp delivered their performances at free shows in different cities where thousands of people attended the rally.
Perry, who wore a campaign-inspired bright blue minidress with Obama's slogan "Forward", attended the rally Saturday night, November 3 at Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The event attracted more than 20, 000 supporters who watched Perry perform her version of Al Green's soul hit "Let's Stay Together" along with "Part of Me", "Teenage Dream" and "Wide Awake". Perry also did not forget to encourage people to help Superstorm Sandy victims as she paused midway through her performance and urged fans to donate in various relief efforts.
That was not the first time Perry campaigned for the President. The "Firework" singer had also rallied for Obama last month in Las Vegas where she fittingly wore a ballot-themed dress and told audience to go out there and vote.
Other stars like Dave Matthews attended the estimated 24,000-strong rally at Virginia, while John Mellencamp was seen in Debuque, Iowa with the President campaigning in front of a five thousand plus crowd. Former President Bill Clinton, who was losing his voice from campaigning, was also present at Virginia and said that he had given "my voice in the service of my president," reported the Associated Press.
More Katy Perry News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?