Nicki Minaj Unleashes New Single 'Freedom'
There is no doubt that Nicki Minaj is at the top of her career with a new album soon to hit the market and collaborations here and there with various big music artists. That said, the setting could not be more appropriate for the release of the rapper's new track, "Freedom", from her "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - The Re-Up".
In the song, Minaj looks back at the start of her crazy dive into the world of music and sends her gratitude to people who have helped her move things up to where they are now. However, the 29-year old "Super Bass" hitmaker also doesn't fail to lash out at her critics and anyone who tried to put her down.
"I feel free / I feel freedom / Why they mad? / You should see them. It's crazy in here," laments Minaj in the track's chorus. The Boi-1da-produced single also declares Minaj's career as the "Pinkprint", which she also sings about on the chorus.
Setting aside the hard-hitting and sometimes boastful rhymes Minaj spits out in the rap, "Freedom" actually has a very nice tempo and presents the rapper's great vocals. It is expected to play its rounds in both pop and hip hop radio.
"Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - The Re-Up" is available in stores on November 19 and can be purchased as a digital download on iTunes.
More Nicki Minaj News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch