Nicki Minaj Unleashes New Single 'Freedom'
There is no doubt that Nicki Minaj is at the top of her career with a new album soon to hit the market and collaborations here and there with various big music artists. That said, the setting could not be more appropriate for the release of the rapper's new track, "Freedom", from her "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - The Re-Up".
In the song, Minaj looks back at the start of her crazy dive into the world of music and sends her gratitude to people who have helped her move things up to where they are now. However, the 29-year old "Super Bass" hitmaker also doesn't fail to lash out at her critics and anyone who tried to put her down.
"I feel free / I feel freedom / Why they mad? / You should see them. It's crazy in here," laments Minaj in the track's chorus. The Boi-1da-produced single also declares Minaj's career as the "Pinkprint", which she also sings about on the chorus.
Setting aside the hard-hitting and sometimes boastful rhymes Minaj spits out in the rap, "Freedom" actually has a very nice tempo and presents the rapper's great vocals. It is expected to play its rounds in both pop and hip hop radio.
"Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - The Re-Up" is available in stores on November 19 and can be purchased as a digital download on iTunes.
More Nicki Minaj News
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head