Guillermo del Toro Clarifies Rumors About His Involvemet in New DC Movie
Guillermo del Toro has taken time to clarify recent swirling rumors that he was poised to helm a "The Avengers"-like movie called "Heaven Sent" for DC/Warner Bros. Pictures. While the reports have been mixed up after The Daily Blam's Pietro Filipponi tweeted that del Toro was not interested in tackling the project, the "Pacific Rim" helmer himself insisted that he actually would love to do it.
Taking to his forum over the weekend on November 3, del Toro wrote that the project that he wouldn't take was "Justice League" and indicated that there's still a chance he would direct "Heaven Sent". He stated, "Wow- please contact whoever said I denied it. I cannot recall ever answering a question like that. Sadly I dont do tweeter. I denied being involved in JLA but this ['Heaven Sent'] I would love to do!!!"
The spinning reports first sparked a few days ago when Latino Review shared the words that WB was so happy with del Toro's "Pacific Rim" that it would let the director to "do his own version of the Avengers, just supernaturally." The project would combine "all the magical beings from DC Comics in one epic adventure."
The characters included in the new project were Deadman, The Spectre, Swamp Thing, Constantine Hellblazer, Phantom Stranger, Zatanna, Zatara, Sargon as well as Etrigan the Demon. The group reportedly would team up to save the planet from the Stay Puft Marshmallow man.
Shortly after the news broke, Pietro Filipponi tweeted that del Toro wouldn't do the said project. "Asked Guillermo del Toro about the rumor he'll be directing a supernatural superhero movie for DC/WB, he said there is no truth to it at all," he wrote. However, after the filmmaker corrected the tweet on his forum, Fillipponi claimed that the tweet was referring to his interview with del Toro at NY Comic-Con and had nothing to do with Latino Review's recent scoop.
More Justice League News
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party