Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
Calvin Harris has become one of the most-demanded collaborators in music after helping Rihanna score her phenomenal hit "We Found Love". Amid the many offers he got to work with other artists, the Scottish DJ is focusing on releasing and promoting his next studio album called "18 Months".
The 28-year-old disc jockey has released the effort, which is his third one, in the United Kingdom on October 29. In addition to containing Riri's smash single, the CD offers at least three other chart-busting tracks; "Feel So Close", Ne-Yo-assisted "Let's Go" and Florence Welch-featured "Sweet Nothing".
"Feel So Close" peaked at No. 12 on Billboard Hot 100, "Let's Go" reached No. 17 on the United States single chart, while "Sweet Nothing" climbed to No. 1 in the U.K. He additionally ruled the single chart in the country with his other song titled "Spectrum (Say My Name)" which featured Florence and the Machine.
In the United States, Calvin made it into top 10 on Billboard Pop Songs chart with "Feel So Close" and "Let's Go". He busted Hot Dance Club Songs with "Sweet Nothing" and took the top spot with "Spectrum". He is now eying to make a notable enter on Hot 200 with the album expected to make its way out later this year.
Calvin recently became the talk of the town when he was entangled in a war of words with Lady GaGa, but the issue was quickly resolved by both parties. The Mother Monster fired back at the DJ after he revealed he once turned down an offer to collaborate with her, insisting that she never contacted him.
"@ladygaga no your label emailed me. I always make sure I say Im a fan when asked about it, I apologise if I offended u, wasn't the intention," he replied in a tweet, to which she answered, "@CalvinHarris thanks for the apology &explaining. My apologies too. Congratulations on your album. Wish you well. Cheers."
More Calvin Harris News
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt