'Hobbit' Tickets Sale Announced, 'Lord of the Rings' Marathon Planned
Hardcore fans of J.R.R. Tolkiens' "The Hobbit" series are treated to good news that the advance tickets sale for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is set to kick off in a very near future. It has been confirmed that fans can buy those tickets on Wednesday noon, November 7 starting at 12. P.M. ET.
"We're expecting a big result as we start the journey for all 3 films," a Warner Bros. Pictures executive tells Deadline about why the studio decided to sell the tickets more than a month before the film hits the U.S. theaters on December 14. As if it's not enough, the studio will hold a special movie marathon for Peter Jackson's acclaimed "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.
The marathon will take place on Saturday, December 8 and Sunday, December 9. The event, which will show the extended cuts of the three "Rings" films, will likely run for a total of over 12 hours. Tickets for the show will go on sale also on November 7 at noon.
After releasing the first film this coming December, Warners will unleash "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" on December 13 next year and "The Hobbit: There and Back Again" on July 18, 2014. All the three "Hobbit" movies, which were shot in 48 frames per second, will be released in High Frame Rate 3D (HFR 3D), other 3D formats, IMAX and 2D.
The first film will follow Frodo's uncle Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior Thorin Oakensheild.
The events in the "Hobbit" trilogy will take place 60 years before the ones in "The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring" (2001), "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" (2002) and "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of The King" (2003). The last film broke the Academy Awards record by grabbing all the 11 Oscars for which it was nominated.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?