'Hobbit' Tickets Sale Announced, 'Lord of the Rings' Marathon Planned
Hardcore fans of J.R.R. Tolkiens' "The Hobbit" series are treated to good news that the advance tickets sale for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is set to kick off in a very near future. It has been confirmed that fans can buy those tickets on Wednesday noon, November 7 starting at 12. P.M. ET.
"We're expecting a big result as we start the journey for all 3 films," a Warner Bros. Pictures executive tells Deadline about why the studio decided to sell the tickets more than a month before the film hits the U.S. theaters on December 14. As if it's not enough, the studio will hold a special movie marathon for Peter Jackson's acclaimed "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.
The marathon will take place on Saturday, December 8 and Sunday, December 9. The event, which will show the extended cuts of the three "Rings" films, will likely run for a total of over 12 hours. Tickets for the show will go on sale also on November 7 at noon.
After releasing the first film this coming December, Warners will unleash "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" on December 13 next year and "The Hobbit: There and Back Again" on July 18, 2014. All the three "Hobbit" movies, which were shot in 48 frames per second, will be released in High Frame Rate 3D (HFR 3D), other 3D formats, IMAX and 2D.
The first film will follow Frodo's uncle Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior Thorin Oakensheild.
The events in the "Hobbit" trilogy will take place 60 years before the ones in "The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring" (2001), "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" (2002) and "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of The King" (2003). The last film broke the Academy Awards record by grabbing all the 11 Oscars for which it was nominated.
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery