'Hobbit' Tickets Sale Announced, 'Lord of the Rings' Marathon Planned
Hardcore fans of J.R.R. Tolkiens' "The Hobbit" series are treated to good news that the advance tickets sale for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" is set to kick off in a very near future. It has been confirmed that fans can buy those tickets on Wednesday noon, November 7 starting at 12. P.M. ET.
"We're expecting a big result as we start the journey for all 3 films," a Warner Bros. Pictures executive tells Deadline about why the studio decided to sell the tickets more than a month before the film hits the U.S. theaters on December 14. As if it's not enough, the studio will hold a special movie marathon for Peter Jackson's acclaimed "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.
The marathon will take place on Saturday, December 8 and Sunday, December 9. The event, which will show the extended cuts of the three "Rings" films, will likely run for a total of over 12 hours. Tickets for the show will go on sale also on November 7 at noon.
After releasing the first film this coming December, Warners will unleash "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" on December 13 next year and "The Hobbit: There and Back Again" on July 18, 2014. All the three "Hobbit" movies, which were shot in 48 frames per second, will be released in High Frame Rate 3D (HFR 3D), other 3D formats, IMAX and 2D.
The first film will follow Frodo's uncle Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior Thorin Oakensheild.
The events in the "Hobbit" trilogy will take place 60 years before the ones in "The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring" (2001), "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" (2002) and "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of The King" (2003). The last film broke the Academy Awards record by grabbing all the 11 Oscars for which it was nominated.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce