Mumford and Sons Team Up With Idris Elba in New Video 'Lover of the Light'
English folk rock band, Mumford & Sons, have collaborated with distinguished British actor, Idris Elba, in their new video for "Lover of the Light". The track is from the band's second studio album, "Babel", which was released September 25 in the U.S. and Canada, and debuted at No.1 on Billboard 200.
The video, also directed by Elba, presents scenic and moving visuals shot in and around the Pembrokeshire countryside in Wales. Elba is depicted as a blind man who suddenly gets a surge of new life as he chooses to drop his walking stick one day and run through the forests and hills, screaming, laughing and bathing in the wonderful sunlight.
Elba's effective shift from a very relaxed character at the start of the video to an emotive and intense state of portrayal is perfect in bringing in more power and depth to the song's already touching lyrics and beautiful music.
The band joked, "We are huge fans of Idris's work, as he's the most badass British actor since Richard Briers. So we trusted him. Talking to Idris and Dan (Cadan, scriptwriter) about making a video that we're not in made it a lot more fun. They wrote the treatment after our ale-infused conversation in a pub in London. What they directed we are proud to present," added the group.
"Lover of the Light" is now available on iTunes.
Mumford & Sons' "Lover of the Light" Music Video Feat. Idris Elba
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kelly Ripa Will Announce New 'Live!' Co-Host on Monday
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC