Mumford and Sons Team Up With Idris Elba in New Video 'Lover of the Light'
English folk rock band, Mumford & Sons, have collaborated with distinguished British actor, Idris Elba, in their new video for "Lover of the Light". The track is from the band's second studio album, "Babel", which was released September 25 in the U.S. and Canada, and debuted at No.1 on Billboard 200.
The video, also directed by Elba, presents scenic and moving visuals shot in and around the Pembrokeshire countryside in Wales. Elba is depicted as a blind man who suddenly gets a surge of new life as he chooses to drop his walking stick one day and run through the forests and hills, screaming, laughing and bathing in the wonderful sunlight.
Elba's effective shift from a very relaxed character at the start of the video to an emotive and intense state of portrayal is perfect in bringing in more power and depth to the song's already touching lyrics and beautiful music.
The band joked, "We are huge fans of Idris's work, as he's the most badass British actor since Richard Briers. So we trusted him. Talking to Idris and Dan (Cadan, scriptwriter) about making a video that we're not in made it a lot more fun. They wrote the treatment after our ale-infused conversation in a pub in London. What they directed we are proud to present," added the group.
"Lover of the Light" is now available on iTunes.
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers
- 'Good Girls Revolt' Canned by Amazon After One Season Only