Sharon Osbourne Reveals She Underwent Double Mastectomy
Sharon Osbourne had triumphantly battled cancer once, and she refused to go down the same road again. After finding out that she might be at risk of having a breast cancer, the mother of three went under the knife to have double mastectomy as a precaution.
"As soon as I found out I had the breast cancer gene, I thought: 'The odds are not in my favor'. I've had cancer before and I didn't want to live under that cloud: I decided to just take everything off, and had a double mastectomy," she told Hello! Magazine in an interview.
"For me, it wasn't a big decision, it was a no-brainer," the Osbourne matriarch explained her decision to do the mastectomy. "I didn't want to live the rest of my life with that shadow hanging over me. I want to be around for a long time and be a grandmother to Pearl."
The "America's Got Talent" judge continued, "I didn't even think of my breasts in a nostalgic way, I just wanted to be able to live my life without that fear all the time. It's not 'pity me', it's a decision I made that's got rid of this weight that I was carrying around."
Sharon, who got some surgeries to maintain her look, also had a surgery to remove her breast implants that had leaked into her stomach wall. The wife of Black Sabbath's Ozzy Osbourne regretted having the implants, saying that it's "like having a waterbed on your chest."
She has now vowed not to have a cosmetic surgery ever again. "Sometimes I'll see a photo and I'll think, 'My face looks plastic'; it can look so unnatural from certain angles. Now I am definitely, definitely done. You can't buy your youth back, no matter how much money you've got. I won't be going under the knife again," she said.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered