Sharon Osbourne Reveals She Underwent Double Mastectomy
Sharon Osbourne had triumphantly battled cancer once, and she refused to go down the same road again. After finding out that she might be at risk of having a breast cancer, the mother of three went under the knife to have double mastectomy as a precaution.
"As soon as I found out I had the breast cancer gene, I thought: 'The odds are not in my favor'. I've had cancer before and I didn't want to live under that cloud: I decided to just take everything off, and had a double mastectomy," she told Hello! Magazine in an interview.
"For me, it wasn't a big decision, it was a no-brainer," the Osbourne matriarch explained her decision to do the mastectomy. "I didn't want to live the rest of my life with that shadow hanging over me. I want to be around for a long time and be a grandmother to Pearl."
The "America's Got Talent" judge continued, "I didn't even think of my breasts in a nostalgic way, I just wanted to be able to live my life without that fear all the time. It's not 'pity me', it's a decision I made that's got rid of this weight that I was carrying around."
Sharon, who got some surgeries to maintain her look, also had a surgery to remove her breast implants that had leaked into her stomach wall. The wife of Black Sabbath's Ozzy Osbourne regretted having the implants, saying that it's "like having a waterbed on your chest."
She has now vowed not to have a cosmetic surgery ever again. "Sometimes I'll see a photo and I'll think, 'My face looks plastic'; it can look so unnatural from certain angles. Now I am definitely, definitely done. You can't buy your youth back, no matter how much money you've got. I won't be going under the knife again," she said.
More Sharon Osbourne News
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery