'Downton Abbey' Star Maggie Smith 'Fine and Well' Despite Reports
Maggie Smith is not in a serious health scare. The "Downton Abbey" star has denied the reports that she was rushed to a hospital after a heart attack. Her representative told Mail Online, "She is fine and well at home."
The Sunday Mirror reported that Smith went through a series of cardiac tests at London's Wellington Hospital on Friday, November 2 after complaining of severe chest pains. The 77-year-old actress allegedly went to the specialist cardiac unit at the private Wellington Hospital in London. Doctors discharged her from the hospital on the same day, as soon as they were sure that the actress was in a stable condition.
The news raised concern among her fans that she was not able to film "Downton Abbey" further. Fans feared that Smith, who plays the beloved Violet Crawley on the ITV1 drama, will take doctors' advice to sit the next season out. Indeed, Smith has not signed up for the fourth season while her co-stars have.
But fans' concern was for no reason because Smith was only visiting her doctor for a routine medical procedure. Series creator Lord Julian Fellowes assured that Crawley will be part of the show as long as Smith wants to be. "I can tell you that even if she doesn't want to be, she won't die, she'll go to the seaside just in case she wants to come back," Fellowes said earlier this year.
Smith was diagnosed with breast cancer three years ago and has gone through chemotherapy and radiotherapy to treat it. She filmed the sixth "Harry Potter" film while going through the treatment.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says