The Kardashians' Cosmetic Line Faces Second Lawsuit
The Kardashian sisters' new cosmetic venture is facing double trouble as two companies have planned to launch lawsuits that accuse them of stealing their trademarks. Kim Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, and Khloe Kardashian's makeup line Khroma is now battling not only Beverly Hills-based makeup company called Chroma but also a company called Kroma with no "H".
Per TMZ, the second company has registered its name to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) and already locked down the legal rights to that name back in January. In fact, Khroma received a rejection letter from PTO on the basis that the name is too similar to Kroma.
The people behind Kroma had warned Khroma in a cease and desist letter about the use of the name. They met the Kardashians' representatives recently but the parties did not meet in the middle. Kroma is now looking at the possibility of a legal action. Kardashians' camp is yet to respond on the report.
Khroma Beauty, described as "affordable" yet glamorous, is to launch in time of Christmas time this year. "We've always wanted to release our own cosmetics line, so this is a dream come true. Our Lash Dash luxury lash collection will debut this holiday season, with more products coming in the new year," Kim said last month.
More Kourtney Kardashian News
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set