The Kardashians' Cosmetic Line Faces Second Lawsuit
The Kardashian sisters' new cosmetic venture is facing double trouble as two companies have planned to launch lawsuits that accuse them of stealing their trademarks. Kim Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, and Khloe Kardashian's makeup line Khroma is now battling not only Beverly Hills-based makeup company called Chroma but also a company called Kroma with no "H".
Per TMZ, the second company has registered its name to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) and already locked down the legal rights to that name back in January. In fact, Khroma received a rejection letter from PTO on the basis that the name is too similar to Kroma.
The people behind Kroma had warned Khroma in a cease and desist letter about the use of the name. They met the Kardashians' representatives recently but the parties did not meet in the middle. Kroma is now looking at the possibility of a legal action. Kardashians' camp is yet to respond on the report.
Khroma Beauty, described as "affordable" yet glamorous, is to launch in time of Christmas time this year. "We've always wanted to release our own cosmetics line, so this is a dream come true. Our Lash Dash luxury lash collection will debut this holiday season, with more products coming in the new year," Kim said last month.
More Kourtney Kardashian News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season