NBC's Hurricane Sandy Telethon Raised $23 Million
Christina Aguilera, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Mary J. Blige and the other artists who supported NBC's "Hurricane Sandy: Coming Together" telethon, managed to raise nearly $23 million in a single night. The money will be donated to The American Red Cross in aid of the storm's victims in the East Coast.
Red Cross and NBCUniversal announced on Saturday, November 3, a day after the benefit concert, "We are incredibly grateful and humbled by this outpouring of support for those who are suffering as a result of Superstorm Sandy. Our preliminary results of nearly $23 million raised are an extraordinary example of how the American people pull together in times of disaster. Their generous donations will go directly to those in need, and we urge the public to continue to give. We also thank the dedicated and talented team at NBCUniversal for the millions of people they have helped through this telethon."
Donations were made by visiting RedCross.org, calling 1-800-RED-CROSS or texting REDCROSS to 90999. The concert was broadcast live from New York studios of NBC at 30 Rockefeller Plaza across all NBCU networks such as NBC, Bravo, CNBC, E!, G4, MSNBC, and Syfy.
Beside performances, the telethon also featured appearances from Tina Fey, Kevin Bacon and Whoopi Goldberg among others. Springsteen, Steven Tyler, Billy Joel and Jimmy Fallon did a special joint performance of "Under the Boardwalk".
More Christina Aguilera News
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip