NBC's Hurricane Sandy Telethon Raised $23 Million
Christina Aguilera, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Mary J. Blige and the other artists who supported NBC's "Hurricane Sandy: Coming Together" telethon, managed to raise nearly $23 million in a single night. The money will be donated to The American Red Cross in aid of the storm's victims in the East Coast.
Red Cross and NBCUniversal announced on Saturday, November 3, a day after the benefit concert, "We are incredibly grateful and humbled by this outpouring of support for those who are suffering as a result of Superstorm Sandy. Our preliminary results of nearly $23 million raised are an extraordinary example of how the American people pull together in times of disaster. Their generous donations will go directly to those in need, and we urge the public to continue to give. We also thank the dedicated and talented team at NBCUniversal for the millions of people they have helped through this telethon."
Donations were made by visiting RedCross.org, calling 1-800-RED-CROSS or texting REDCROSS to 90999. The concert was broadcast live from New York studios of NBC at 30 Rockefeller Plaza across all NBCU networks such as NBC, Bravo, CNBC, E!, G4, MSNBC, and Syfy.
Beside performances, the telethon also featured appearances from Tina Fey, Kevin Bacon and Whoopi Goldberg among others. Springsteen, Steven Tyler, Billy Joel and Jimmy Fallon did a special joint performance of "Under the Boardwalk".
More Christina Aguilera News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival