Bam Margera Officially Divorced From Missy Rothstein
Bam Margera is now back to single in the eyes of the law. The "Jackass" star's divorce from ex-wife Missy Rothstein has been finalized, she confirmed via Twitter on Thursday, November 1.
"Official Divorced :) happy Finally Free…. who wanna come to my Divorce Party haha :-)" Rothstein tweeted. She also retweeted a photo of multi-colored balloons that read "Just Divorced."
Margera and Rothstein were married in 2007 but two years later they had problems in their relationship. They went on a marriage counseling in 2009 after his hospitalization for alcohol overdose. Margera went on a four-day alcoholic bender that made him severely "dehydrated". His kidney and leg muscles were a mess from not eating or drinking enough water. Rothstein called 911 when he took an Ambien during his alcohol binge.
Margera later said, "I may get a divorce ...booze helps." The couple then went on a counseling twice a week. Margera told TMZ at that time that his wife "thinks I have a split personality, like Jekyll and Hyde". He was put on antidepressant Lexapro to try and control his mood swings.
Margera hit rock bottom again when fellow "Jackass" star Ryan Dunn was killed in an auto accident in 2011. Margera visited the crash site where he broke into tears while speaking to reporters. He attended the funeral with Rothstein and his parents.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist