Bam Margera Officially Divorced From Missy Rothstein
Bam Margera is now back to single in the eyes of the law. The "Jackass" star's divorce from ex-wife Missy Rothstein has been finalized, she confirmed via Twitter on Thursday, November 1.
"Official Divorced :) happy Finally Free…. who wanna come to my Divorce Party haha :-)" Rothstein tweeted. She also retweeted a photo of multi-colored balloons that read "Just Divorced."
Margera and Rothstein were married in 2007 but two years later they had problems in their relationship. They went on a marriage counseling in 2009 after his hospitalization for alcohol overdose. Margera went on a four-day alcoholic bender that made him severely "dehydrated". His kidney and leg muscles were a mess from not eating or drinking enough water. Rothstein called 911 when he took an Ambien during his alcohol binge.
Margera later said, "I may get a divorce ...booze helps." The couple then went on a counseling twice a week. Margera told TMZ at that time that his wife "thinks I have a split personality, like Jekyll and Hyde". He was put on antidepressant Lexapro to try and control his mood swings.
Margera hit rock bottom again when fellow "Jackass" star Ryan Dunn was killed in an auto accident in 2011. Margera visited the crash site where he broke into tears while speaking to reporters. He attended the funeral with Rothstein and his parents.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018