Jeff Goldblum's Stalker Waited Outside Theater and Got Arrested
Jeff Goldblum found his stalker attending his performance of "Seminar" at Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles on Friday, November 2 night. The woman, named Linda Ransom, has been following the actor for more than a decade and has violated a restraining order with her latest visit.
Ransom has been harassing Goldblum since 2001, following him in public and showing up at his house among others. Goldblum was granted a restraining order against her in 2007 but Ransom started stalking him again once it had expired. She was locked up in a mental institution in 2009 when it was found that she was incompetent. "I am frightened of Ms. Ransom and feel she poses a serious threat to my personal safety," Goldblum said at that time.
Upon her release, the "Jurassic Park" actor filed for a restraining order against her in November 2010 but a judge denied it, saying Goldblum would have to wait for Ransom to create a fresh threat. Goldblum eventually scored a three-year restraining order against Ransom in June this year.
According to TMZ, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department arrested Ransom on Friday because she got within 20 feet of Goldblum. The restraining order required her to be at least 100 feet away from the actor. Ransom was booked just after 2:00 A.M. on Saturday and was still in custody. Her bail is set on $5,000.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake