Jeff Goldblum's Stalker Waited Outside Theater and Got Arrested
Jeff Goldblum found his stalker attending his performance of "Seminar" at Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles on Friday, November 2 night. The woman, named Linda Ransom, has been following the actor for more than a decade and has violated a restraining order with her latest visit.
Ransom has been harassing Goldblum since 2001, following him in public and showing up at his house among others. Goldblum was granted a restraining order against her in 2007 but Ransom started stalking him again once it had expired. She was locked up in a mental institution in 2009 when it was found that she was incompetent. "I am frightened of Ms. Ransom and feel she poses a serious threat to my personal safety," Goldblum said at that time.
Upon her release, the "Jurassic Park" actor filed for a restraining order against her in November 2010 but a judge denied it, saying Goldblum would have to wait for Ransom to create a fresh threat. Goldblum eventually scored a three-year restraining order against Ransom in June this year.
According to TMZ, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department arrested Ransom on Friday because she got within 20 feet of Goldblum. The restraining order required her to be at least 100 feet away from the actor. Ransom was booked just after 2:00 A.M. on Saturday and was still in custody. Her bail is set on $5,000.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones