Alicia Keys Teams Up With Nicki Minaj for 'Girl on Fire (Inferno Version)' Clip
There is indeed strength in numbers as R'n'B singer and keyboardist, Alicia Keys, gets additional help from femcee Nicki Minaj in sending out woman-empowerment vibes in their "Girl on Fire (Inferno Version)" music video. The track will appear on Keys' new album of the same name and slated for release on November 27.
Minaj opens the video with her fierce, no-nonsense attitude and hard-bustin' rhymes, but this time minus the outrageous costumes and crazy wigs. Still, the YMCM artist sports a "big hair" for her look which appears normal compared to her previous hair styles.
Intercut with Minaj's rapping are performance clips from Keys in her apartment, doing daily chores and mom duties such as cleaning, checking the bills, taking care of the kids and her loved ones. The whole message of the video focuses on the singer being happy going about her daily tasks and being content with her life from where it is now.
"Before making this record, in some ways I felt like a lion locked in a cage... I felt like a girl misunderstood that no one really knew. I felt like it was time to stop making excuses for any part of my life that I wanted to change," Keys wrote on her website shortly after announcing the single's release. "Once I made that choice I became a Girl on Fire, the lion broke free!!" she exclaimed.
Alicia Keys' "Girl on Fire (Inferno Version)" Music Video Feat Nicki Minaj
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage