John Cusack to Star as Controversial Host Rush Limbaugh in Biopic
John Cusack is developing a biopic about controversial radio personality Rush Limbaugh. Cusack's New Crime Production confirms to the Associated Press that the "High Fidelity" actor will star as the conservative host in the film which goes under the working title of "Rush (2014)".
No further details are revealed about the plot of the biopic. Betty Thomas, who will serve as the director, says that the production company is currently polishing the script and the production is set to kick off in 2013.
Cusack's casting as Limbaugh is quite surprising as the 46-year-old actor is widely known as an outspoken liberal while the radio host is famous for being a conservative. Physically, the two also have almost nothing in common. While Cusack is slender and dark-haired, 61-year-old Limbaugh is much older, balding and portly.
Limbaugh is one of the most provocative media figures in the United States. His radio show, "The Rush Limbaugh Show", is the highest-rated talk-radio program in the U.S., and is also the most-listened-to talk show host with a weekly audience of 15 million, according to Talkers Magazine.
The Missouri-born host often sparked controversy during his on air show. Earlier this year, he called a Georgetown law student a "s***" and a "prostitute" on air for arguing to Democrats in Congress that health plans should pay for contraception. Recently, he also mocked Republican New Jersey Governor, Chris Christie, for having a "bromance" with Barack Obama.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'