John Cusack to Star as Controversial Host Rush Limbaugh in Biopic
John Cusack is developing a biopic about controversial radio personality Rush Limbaugh. Cusack's New Crime Production confirms to the Associated Press that the "High Fidelity" actor will star as the conservative host in the film which goes under the working title of "Rush (2014)".
No further details are revealed about the plot of the biopic. Betty Thomas, who will serve as the director, says that the production company is currently polishing the script and the production is set to kick off in 2013.
Cusack's casting as Limbaugh is quite surprising as the 46-year-old actor is widely known as an outspoken liberal while the radio host is famous for being a conservative. Physically, the two also have almost nothing in common. While Cusack is slender and dark-haired, 61-year-old Limbaugh is much older, balding and portly.
Limbaugh is one of the most provocative media figures in the United States. His radio show, "The Rush Limbaugh Show", is the highest-rated talk-radio program in the U.S., and is also the most-listened-to talk show host with a weekly audience of 15 million, according to Talkers Magazine.
The Missouri-born host often sparked controversy during his on air show. Earlier this year, he called a Georgetown law student a "s***" and a "prostitute" on air for arguing to Democrats in Congress that health plans should pay for contraception. Recently, he also mocked Republican New Jersey Governor, Chris Christie, for having a "bromance" with Barack Obama.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'