John Cusack to Star as Controversial Host Rush Limbaugh in Biopic
John Cusack is developing a biopic about controversial radio personality Rush Limbaugh. Cusack's New Crime Production confirms to the Associated Press that the "High Fidelity" actor will star as the conservative host in the film which goes under the working title of "Rush (2014)".
No further details are revealed about the plot of the biopic. Betty Thomas, who will serve as the director, says that the production company is currently polishing the script and the production is set to kick off in 2013.
Cusack's casting as Limbaugh is quite surprising as the 46-year-old actor is widely known as an outspoken liberal while the radio host is famous for being a conservative. Physically, the two also have almost nothing in common. While Cusack is slender and dark-haired, 61-year-old Limbaugh is much older, balding and portly.
Limbaugh is one of the most provocative media figures in the United States. His radio show, "The Rush Limbaugh Show", is the highest-rated talk-radio program in the U.S., and is also the most-listened-to talk show host with a weekly audience of 15 million, according to Talkers Magazine.
The Missouri-born host often sparked controversy during his on air show. Earlier this year, he called a Georgetown law student a "s***" and a "prostitute" on air for arguing to Democrats in Congress that health plans should pay for contraception. Recently, he also mocked Republican New Jersey Governor, Chris Christie, for having a "bromance" with Barack Obama.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'