John Cusack to Star as Controversial Host Rush Limbaugh in Biopic
John Cusack is developing a biopic about controversial radio personality Rush Limbaugh. Cusack's New Crime Production confirms to the Associated Press that the "High Fidelity" actor will star as the conservative host in the film which goes under the working title of "Rush (2014)".
No further details are revealed about the plot of the biopic. Betty Thomas, who will serve as the director, says that the production company is currently polishing the script and the production is set to kick off in 2013.
Cusack's casting as Limbaugh is quite surprising as the 46-year-old actor is widely known as an outspoken liberal while the radio host is famous for being a conservative. Physically, the two also have almost nothing in common. While Cusack is slender and dark-haired, 61-year-old Limbaugh is much older, balding and portly.
Limbaugh is one of the most provocative media figures in the United States. His radio show, "The Rush Limbaugh Show", is the highest-rated talk-radio program in the U.S., and is also the most-listened-to talk show host with a weekly audience of 15 million, according to Talkers Magazine.
The Missouri-born host often sparked controversy during his on air show. Earlier this year, he called a Georgetown law student a "s***" and a "prostitute" on air for arguing to Democrats in Congress that health plans should pay for contraception. Recently, he also mocked Republican New Jersey Governor, Chris Christie, for having a "bromance" with Barack Obama.
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set