'Modern Family' Casts Gloria's Mother and Sister
"Modern Family" is growing bigger with arrival of more members of the extended family. The show has cast Elizabeth Pena and Stephanie Beatriz as Gloria's mother and sister respectively, who will come to the town in episode 12 of the currently airing season 4.
"There's a bit of a competitive relationship between Gloria and her sister that will be fun," says executive producer Christopher Lloyd. He describes Gloria's mother as "the formidable, domineering character in the family, and has a complicated relationship with Jay," teasing, "I'm not sure she's ever completely accepted Jay, and they lock horns in the episode."
Titled "Fulgencio", the episode featuring Gloria's mother and sister will begin shooting on Monday, November 12. It's unclear on what occasion they show up in town, but the episode's title is apparently a Spanish name, sparking speculation that episode may have something to do with the upcoming arrival of Gloria's baby.
Actress/director Elizabeth Pena was last seen gracing the small screen when guest starring on ABC's short-lived medical drama "Off the Map". Stephanie Beatriz, meanwhile, appeared in an episode of "The Closer" and landed a role on comedy pilot "The Smart One".
More Modern Family News
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West