'Modern Family' Casts Gloria's Mother and Sister
"Modern Family" is growing bigger with arrival of more members of the extended family. The show has cast Elizabeth Pena and Stephanie Beatriz as Gloria's mother and sister respectively, who will come to the town in episode 12 of the currently airing season 4.
"There's a bit of a competitive relationship between Gloria and her sister that will be fun," says executive producer Christopher Lloyd. He describes Gloria's mother as "the formidable, domineering character in the family, and has a complicated relationship with Jay," teasing, "I'm not sure she's ever completely accepted Jay, and they lock horns in the episode."
Titled "Fulgencio", the episode featuring Gloria's mother and sister will begin shooting on Monday, November 12. It's unclear on what occasion they show up in town, but the episode's title is apparently a Spanish name, sparking speculation that episode may have something to do with the upcoming arrival of Gloria's baby.
Actress/director Elizabeth Pena was last seen gracing the small screen when guest starring on ABC's short-lived medical drama "Off the Map". Stephanie Beatriz, meanwhile, appeared in an episode of "The Closer" and landed a role on comedy pilot "The Smart One".
More Modern Family News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Debuts Chilling Motion Poster
- Orlando Bloom 'Apologizes' to Waitress Who Was Fired After Their 'Night of Incredible Sex'
- Meek Mill Celebrates Birthday on Private Jet in 'Glow Up' Music Video
- 'The Predator' and 'Alita: Battle Angel' Promo Posters Are Spotted at Licensing Expo
- Nicki Minaj Finally Responds to Nas Dating Rumors: We've Had Sleepovers
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Is Among Netflix's June 2017 Movie and TV Titles
- Bella Hadid Risks Wardrobe Malfunction in Sexy Black Gown With Sky-High Slit
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police