'Modern Family' Casts Gloria's Mother and Sister
"Modern Family" is growing bigger with arrival of more members of the extended family. The show has cast Elizabeth Pena and Stephanie Beatriz as Gloria's mother and sister respectively, who will come to the town in episode 12 of the currently airing season 4.
"There's a bit of a competitive relationship between Gloria and her sister that will be fun," says executive producer Christopher Lloyd. He describes Gloria's mother as "the formidable, domineering character in the family, and has a complicated relationship with Jay," teasing, "I'm not sure she's ever completely accepted Jay, and they lock horns in the episode."
Titled "Fulgencio", the episode featuring Gloria's mother and sister will begin shooting on Monday, November 12. It's unclear on what occasion they show up in town, but the episode's title is apparently a Spanish name, sparking speculation that episode may have something to do with the upcoming arrival of Gloria's baby.
Actress/director Elizabeth Pena was last seen gracing the small screen when guest starring on ABC's short-lived medical drama "Off the Map". Stephanie Beatriz, meanwhile, appeared in an episode of "The Closer" and landed a role on comedy pilot "The Smart One".
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!