'Modern Family' Casts Gloria's Mother and Sister
"Modern Family" is growing bigger with arrival of more members of the extended family. The show has cast Elizabeth Pena and Stephanie Beatriz as Gloria's mother and sister respectively, who will come to the town in episode 12 of the currently airing season 4.
"There's a bit of a competitive relationship between Gloria and her sister that will be fun," says executive producer Christopher Lloyd. He describes Gloria's mother as "the formidable, domineering character in the family, and has a complicated relationship with Jay," teasing, "I'm not sure she's ever completely accepted Jay, and they lock horns in the episode."
Titled "Fulgencio", the episode featuring Gloria's mother and sister will begin shooting on Monday, November 12. It's unclear on what occasion they show up in town, but the episode's title is apparently a Spanish name, sparking speculation that episode may have something to do with the upcoming arrival of Gloria's baby.
Actress/director Elizabeth Pena was last seen gracing the small screen when guest starring on ABC's short-lived medical drama "Off the Map". Stephanie Beatriz, meanwhile, appeared in an episode of "The Closer" and landed a role on comedy pilot "The Smart One".
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'