Lady GaGa Questions Why Nobody Criticizes Adele's Weight
Lady GaGa expresses her frustration towards criticism over her weight gain. In an interview with Stylish UK, the Mother Monster compares her predicament to that of Adele, wondering out loud why people throw backlashes against her but never mention anything when it comes to the British singer.
"When I heard it was on the news, where they talk about wars, the economy crashing and the election - I just thought, 'This is f**king ridiculous'," she says. "I mean, what kind of example is that to a young girl sitting at home? I thought, well I don't really care if they think I'm fat, because, quite honestly, I did gain about 30 pounds."
"Adele is bigger than me, how come nobody says anything about it?" she continues, before quickly singing praise for the new mom. "She's so wonderful and I think her confidence is something I have to match. She has set the bar very high for a lot of woman. I need to be a confident woman and just say politically active things when I can that are helpful to young people."
GaGa blamed her father's delicious cooking as the reason of her piling on the pounds. Despite the criticism, she didn't feel bad about gaining weight. "I have to be on such a strict diet constantly," she said. "It's hard because it's a quite vigorous show, so I tend to bulk up, get muscular, and I really don't like that. So I'm trying to find a new balance."
Adele actually was not immune to critics and haters either. She was once called "a little too fat" by Karl Lagerfeld, but the Chanel designer quickly apologized for his comment after getting lots of unfavorable feedbacks. The singing sensation also became a target of mockery after giving birth to her first child recently.
"Aw Adele gave birth to a baby. Is it fat and handicapped lol? Just murder it already lol," wrote a Twitter user by the name of Vanessa Bieber.
More Lady GaGa News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'