Lady GaGa Questions Why Nobody Criticizes Adele's Weight
Lady GaGa expresses her frustration towards criticism over her weight gain. In an interview with Stylish UK, the Mother Monster compares her predicament to that of Adele, wondering out loud why people throw backlashes against her but never mention anything when it comes to the British singer.
"When I heard it was on the news, where they talk about wars, the economy crashing and the election - I just thought, 'This is f**king ridiculous'," she says. "I mean, what kind of example is that to a young girl sitting at home? I thought, well I don't really care if they think I'm fat, because, quite honestly, I did gain about 30 pounds."
"Adele is bigger than me, how come nobody says anything about it?" she continues, before quickly singing praise for the new mom. "She's so wonderful and I think her confidence is something I have to match. She has set the bar very high for a lot of woman. I need to be a confident woman and just say politically active things when I can that are helpful to young people."
GaGa blamed her father's delicious cooking as the reason of her piling on the pounds. Despite the criticism, she didn't feel bad about gaining weight. "I have to be on such a strict diet constantly," she said. "It's hard because it's a quite vigorous show, so I tend to bulk up, get muscular, and I really don't like that. So I'm trying to find a new balance."
Adele actually was not immune to critics and haters either. She was once called "a little too fat" by Karl Lagerfeld, but the Chanel designer quickly apologized for his comment after getting lots of unfavorable feedbacks. The singing sensation also became a target of mockery after giving birth to her first child recently.
"Aw Adele gave birth to a baby. Is it fat and handicapped lol? Just murder it already lol," wrote a Twitter user by the name of Vanessa Bieber.
More Lady GaGa News
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof