Lady GaGa Questions Why Nobody Criticizes Adele's Weight
Lady GaGa expresses her frustration towards criticism over her weight gain. In an interview with Stylish UK, the Mother Monster compares her predicament to that of Adele, wondering out loud why people throw backlashes against her but never mention anything when it comes to the British singer.
"When I heard it was on the news, where they talk about wars, the economy crashing and the election - I just thought, 'This is f**king ridiculous'," she says. "I mean, what kind of example is that to a young girl sitting at home? I thought, well I don't really care if they think I'm fat, because, quite honestly, I did gain about 30 pounds."
"Adele is bigger than me, how come nobody says anything about it?" she continues, before quickly singing praise for the new mom. "She's so wonderful and I think her confidence is something I have to match. She has set the bar very high for a lot of woman. I need to be a confident woman and just say politically active things when I can that are helpful to young people."
GaGa blamed her father's delicious cooking as the reason of her piling on the pounds. Despite the criticism, she didn't feel bad about gaining weight. "I have to be on such a strict diet constantly," she said. "It's hard because it's a quite vigorous show, so I tend to bulk up, get muscular, and I really don't like that. So I'm trying to find a new balance."
Adele actually was not immune to critics and haters either. She was once called "a little too fat" by Karl Lagerfeld, but the Chanel designer quickly apologized for his comment after getting lots of unfavorable feedbacks. The singing sensation also became a target of mockery after giving birth to her first child recently.
"Aw Adele gave birth to a baby. Is it fat and handicapped lol? Just murder it already lol," wrote a Twitter user by the name of Vanessa Bieber.
More Lady GaGa News
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards