First Photo of the Huntress on 'Arrow'
"Arrow" has debuted the first look at the Huntress, the alter ego of Helena Bertinelli, who is portrayed by Jessica De Gouw. The picture shows the female vigilante in a black ensemble complete with a mask while taking aim with her gun.
To Entertainment Weekly which obtains the photo, executive producer Andrew Kreisber explains the significance of bringing in the Huntress to the storyline. "She is the dark mirror version of Oliver, and it was a nice contrast to him because he's pretty extreme," he says.
Kreisber further elaborates, "He goes a lot further than not only his comic book version but lots of comic book characters - most have a code of draws the line against killing. Our [Oliver] is obviously past that. [So we wondered] what could we do if we brought the Huntress in. Since we already have a character who goes to extremes, how much more extreme can we make her?"
"What we really liked was that on an emotional level, she and Oliver are both damaged by their pasts," Kreisber gushes. "They've both gone through a crucible and come out the other side... Oliver has taken the darkness inside with him and is doing something positive with it. She's taken the darkness inside her and is seeking revenge and doesn't care who gets hurt in the process."
Hinting at a possible romance between the two vigilantes, he says with a laugh, "And then the fact that she's hot and Oliver is into her makes it all the more complicated." Sharing some details on the two's encounter, he reveals, "When you watch the episode, someone close to Oliver is almost killed by the Huntress' actions and that sets him on his quest... Everything is about the mission and righting his father's wrongs. And it's only until he bumps into this sad, damaged, angry but beautiful woman that he realizes how lonely he is and the toll that lying to everybody in his life is taking."
Of the Huntress' Catholicism, Kreisber says they don't "touch too much upon the religion, but the iconography is certainly there from the comic books." He adds, "You can see the DNA of the comic book version in the outfit that our Helena wears."
The Huntress is currently slated to appear in two episodes, beginning November 28.
More Arrow News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo