No Doubt Debut Wild West-Themed Video 'Looking Hot'
With their elaborate costumes and authentic-looking props and set-up, No Doubt's new video "Looking Hot" is definitely a feast to watch. Released on Friday, November 2, the clip shows the band performing and getting entangled in traditional gunfights set in the Wild West.
They announced the good news themselves and wrote on their Tiwtter account, "Watch the world premiere of the #LookingHot official music video right here."
The ska video is set in the old west and opens with vocalist Gwen Stefani in a daring Indian outfit, leisurely riding a horse, but then getting captured by cowboy band mates Adrian Young and Tom Dumont. Band bass player, Tony Kanal, who is on the Indian's side, finds himself locked-up in jail. In scenes before their capture, Stefani smoke signals Kanal for help.
The conflict is taken to a huge battlefield where the two groups engage in all out battle leading to Stefani and Kanal's capture. But of course, the Wild West setting is not complete without shots of partying and merry-making inside saloons, and a massive bonfire with people doing their ritual dances.
The "Looking Hot" video was filmed over two days in October at the Valuzat Movie Ranch in Santa Clarita, California with Melina Matsoukas in the director's chair. This was Melina's first time working with No Doubt. Her extensive directing resume includes Rihanna's "We Found Love" video, which recently won Video of the Year at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards.
"Looking Hot" is the second track off the Anaheim band's sixth studio album, "Push and Shove", which was released last September 21.
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer