Channing Tatum and Rooney Mara's 'Side Effects' Gets Intense First Trailer
The first trailer for Steven Soderbergh-directed thriller "Side Effects" has landed online. It highlights Channing Tatum and Rooney Mara as a married couple. They are seen enjoying their normal marriage life such as doing everything together, having sex or going for a romantic getaway on a yacht.
At first, they seem to be very happy together, but things take a turn for the worse as Mara starts to get addicted to drugs and must deal with a murder case in her house. Jude Law is also seen in the trailer, playing Mara's therapist who seems to build a relationship with her as well.
"Side Effects" (formerly known as "The Bitter Pill") follows Emily Hawkins (Mara), a sexy but unsettled young woman who becomes dependent on prescription drugs out of fear her husband Martin will be released from prison soon. The prescription drugs drive her to unknowingly murder her husband, and she must stand trial for the crime.
Also starring in the thriller are Catherine Zeta-Jones, Vinessa Shaw, David Costabile, Greg Paul and Kerry O'Malley. The movie will arrive in the U.S. theaters on February 8, 2013.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers