Channing Tatum and Rooney Mara's 'Side Effects' Gets Intense First Trailer
The first trailer for Steven Soderbergh-directed thriller "Side Effects" has landed online. It highlights Channing Tatum and Rooney Mara as a married couple. They are seen enjoying their normal marriage life such as doing everything together, having sex or going for a romantic getaway on a yacht.
At first, they seem to be very happy together, but things take a turn for the worse as Mara starts to get addicted to drugs and must deal with a murder case in her house. Jude Law is also seen in the trailer, playing Mara's therapist who seems to build a relationship with her as well.
"Side Effects" (formerly known as "The Bitter Pill") follows Emily Hawkins (Mara), a sexy but unsettled young woman who becomes dependent on prescription drugs out of fear her husband Martin will be released from prison soon. The prescription drugs drive her to unknowingly murder her husband, and she must stand trial for the crime.
Also starring in the thriller are Catherine Zeta-Jones, Vinessa Shaw, David Costabile, Greg Paul and Kerry O'Malley. The movie will arrive in the U.S. theaters on February 8, 2013.
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly