Channing Tatum and Rooney Mara's 'Side Effects' Gets Intense First Trailer
The first trailer for Steven Soderbergh-directed thriller "Side Effects" has landed online. It highlights Channing Tatum and Rooney Mara as a married couple. They are seen enjoying their normal marriage life such as doing everything together, having sex or going for a romantic getaway on a yacht.
At first, they seem to be very happy together, but things take a turn for the worse as Mara starts to get addicted to drugs and must deal with a murder case in her house. Jude Law is also seen in the trailer, playing Mara's therapist who seems to build a relationship with her as well.
"Side Effects" (formerly known as "The Bitter Pill") follows Emily Hawkins (Mara), a sexy but unsettled young woman who becomes dependent on prescription drugs out of fear her husband Martin will be released from prison soon. The prescription drugs drive her to unknowingly murder her husband, and she must stand trial for the crime.
Also starring in the thriller are Catherine Zeta-Jones, Vinessa Shaw, David Costabile, Greg Paul and Kerry O'Malley. The movie will arrive in the U.S. theaters on February 8, 2013.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered