Channing Tatum and Rooney Mara's 'Side Effects' Gets Intense First Trailer
The first trailer for Steven Soderbergh-directed thriller "Side Effects" has landed online. It highlights Channing Tatum and Rooney Mara as a married couple. They are seen enjoying their normal marriage life such as doing everything together, having sex or going for a romantic getaway on a yacht.
At first, they seem to be very happy together, but things take a turn for the worse as Mara starts to get addicted to drugs and must deal with a murder case in her house. Jude Law is also seen in the trailer, playing Mara's therapist who seems to build a relationship with her as well.
"Side Effects" (formerly known as "The Bitter Pill") follows Emily Hawkins (Mara), a sexy but unsettled young woman who becomes dependent on prescription drugs out of fear her husband Martin will be released from prison soon. The prescription drugs drive her to unknowingly murder her husband, and she must stand trial for the crime.
Also starring in the thriller are Catherine Zeta-Jones, Vinessa Shaw, David Costabile, Greg Paul and Kerry O'Malley. The movie will arrive in the U.S. theaters on February 8, 2013.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna