New 'Wolverine' Set Pics See Logan Fighting Ninjas at Snowy Village
As "The Wolverine" continues filming in Australia, more photos from the set of the James Mangold-directed mutant hero movie make their rounds online. Coming out via The Daily Telegraph, the new set pictures give a clear look at Hugh Jackman shooting an action scene on a snow-covered set in western Sydney.
Jackman was caught on camera sporting a full Wolverine costume including his adamantium claws. He was seen perching atop a snow plough while filming the scene at Sydney Olympic Park, which was transformed into a wintry Japanese village.
Also spotted on the set were a bunch of stunt performers clad in black ninja getups. According to The Daily Telegraph, the ninjas were attacking the Wolverine from the village's rooftops. They were armed with samurai swords and hatchets.
Mangold and his crew are entering their second week of filming at the Homebush carpark after they previously shot the movie at Darling Harobor's Chinese Garden of Friendship. Aside from Australia, the Marvel pic has filmed in some locations in Japan.
In "Wolverine", Logan finds himself in Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claw as the eternal warrior and outsider confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed.
The comic book-adapted film will be released in the U.S. on July 26, 2013.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date