Jodie Foster to Be Honored With Cecil B. DeMille Award at Golden Globes 2013
The 70th annual Golden Globe Awards has picked the honoree who will receive its prestigious Cecil B. DeMille award. On Thursday, November 1, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced that it had chosen Jodie Foster to receive the special honor during the upcoming prize-giving event to be held on January 13, 2013.
The announcement was made by Simon Baker and Kristen Stewart, who played Foster's daughter in 2002's "Panic Room". Upon reading the announcement, the "Twilight Saga" beauty gushed, "This is a special moment for me. She's been really important in my life for a long time."
Foster, who is a two-time Golden Globes and Oscar winner, is going to be honored with the award for her impact on the world of entertainment. The 49-year-old actress also becomes the youngest honoree of the prize since Charlton Heston in 1967.
Last year's honoree was Morgan Freeman, while Robert De Niro, Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg were among other recent recipients of the award. The first female recipient, meanwhile, was legendary actress Judy Garland in 1962.
Golden Globes 2013 will be held at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills. The show will air live on NBC at 5 P.M. PT/ 8 P.M. ET, just two days before the 2013 Academy Awards announces its nominations. Dick Clark Production serves as the producer in association with the HFPA.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna