Jodie Foster to Be Honored With Cecil B. DeMille Award at Golden Globes 2013
The 70th annual Golden Globe Awards has picked the honoree who will receive its prestigious Cecil B. DeMille award. On Thursday, November 1, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced that it had chosen Jodie Foster to receive the special honor during the upcoming prize-giving event to be held on January 13, 2013.
The announcement was made by Simon Baker and Kristen Stewart, who played Foster's daughter in 2002's "Panic Room". Upon reading the announcement, the "Twilight Saga" beauty gushed, "This is a special moment for me. She's been really important in my life for a long time."
Foster, who is a two-time Golden Globes and Oscar winner, is going to be honored with the award for her impact on the world of entertainment. The 49-year-old actress also becomes the youngest honoree of the prize since Charlton Heston in 1967.
Last year's honoree was Morgan Freeman, while Robert De Niro, Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg were among other recent recipients of the award. The first female recipient, meanwhile, was legendary actress Judy Garland in 1962.
Golden Globes 2013 will be held at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills. The show will air live on NBC at 5 P.M. PT/ 8 P.M. ET, just two days before the 2013 Academy Awards announces its nominations. Dick Clark Production serves as the producer in association with the HFPA.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding