Jamie Foxx May Play Electro in 'Amazing Spider-Man 2', Marc Webb Weighs In
Rumors that Electro will be the villain in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" might be true after all. Variety shares the scoop that an actor has been approached to play the supervillain, and he is none other than the "Django Unchained" leading man Jamie Foxx.
Multiple sources, however, note that Foxx is still in early talks with Sony Pictures. Still, the Oscar-winning "Ray" actor manages to add fuel to his casting report as tweeting, "Dressed up as Electro for Halloween last night. Costume fits well."
Though Foxx hasn't been confirmed for the part, director Marc Webb has already made a comment on the actor's possible involvment in the Spidey film. "I think Jamie Foxx is electrifying," he says at the press junket of "The Amazing Spider-Man" DVD/Blu-ray release.
"I think Jamie Foxx is one of the best actors around today. He's such a great character actor and he's a really brilliant guy. I would love to work with him and you'll be hearing more on that shortly, I'm sure."
Of Electro himself, Webb says, "I like Electro." He goes on, "I'm fascinated by Norman Osborn and the different inflections of him. And Harry. Mary Jane and Gwen are always interesting to me."
For those who are unfamiliar with Electro, the antagonist is also known as Max Dillon. He gains the ability to control electricity after being struck by lightning while working on a power line. The character first appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man #9, which was published in February 1964.
Speculations that Electro will appear in the "Amazing Spider-Man" sequel sparked after audience noticed lightning that was prominently featured in the post-credit scene of the first film. In it, Dr. Curt Connors was locked in an asylum and he was visited by a mysterious figure who asked if Peter Parker knew the truth about his father.
The upcoming Spidey sequel will bring back Webb as the director. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone will also return as Peter and his first love Gwen Stacy respectively. Though Gwen will still make appearance, the sequel reportedly will also feature Peter's other love interest Mary Jane Watson, who reportedly will be played by Shailene Woodley.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on May 2, 2014.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says