Bruno Mars Releases Studio Version of 'Young Girls'
Building the anticipation to the release of his new album "Unorthodox Jukebox" in December, Bruno Mars delivers a special treat to his fans by unleashing the studio version of his new song "Young Girls". Just like previous single "Locked Out of Heaven", the new track boasts feel-good beats though it's more like a mid-tempo ballad rather than an upbeat dance anthem.
"All you young wild girls/ You make a mess of me/ Yeah you young wild girls/ You'll be the death of me, the death of me," so Mars croons about him being unable to live away from pretty girls who end up being wrong for him. The song is made more beautiful with some pounding drums and synth accents as well as layered backing harmonies.
"Young Girls" will serve as the opening track in "Unorthodox Jukebox", which will be dropped Stateside on December 11. The song was teased a few weeks ago during Mars' performance on "Saturday Night Live".
Mars recently told Billboard about his upcoming second album, "This album represents my freedom. I've had big record label presidents look me in the face and say, 'Your music sucks, you don't know who you are, your music is all over the place, and we don't know how to market this stuff. Pick a lane and come back to us'."
"That was disgusting to me, because I'm not trying to be a circus act. I listen to a lot of music, and I want to have the freedom and luxury to walk into a studio and say, 'Today I want to do a hip-hop, R&B, soul or rock record'."
Mars has proven successful with his "freedom" in music through the critical reception of "Locked Out of Heaven". Fellow musician Lady GaGa even said that the retro song "is one of the best pop songs in ages." She gushed, "You killed it. We love it so much."
More Bruno Mars News
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200