Daniel Craig Dismisses Rumors of Possible 'Two-Part' James Bond Film
Daniel Craig is quick to pour cold water on the swirling reports of a possible two-part James Bond movie after "Skyfall". The actor playing 007 in the last three installments of the British spy film franchise claims that there's no way a Bond film could be divided into two parts.
"No, I don't know where that's come from," says the blue-eyed actor in an interview with Filmstarts. "It's impossible to do a two parter, I heard that someone was talking about that we're doing a two parter, but that's the first I've heard about it."
He explains, "We can only do them one at a time, they take six months to shoot," before stressing, "You can't write one movie thinking about the next. All we're trying to do is get the next one sorted out and it'll stand on its own and if I'm able I'll do another one after that."
Rumors "Bond 24" and "Bond 25" would present a storyline that crosses in two successive films first sparked when writer John Logan was confirmed to work on two more Bond films.
Logan has reportedly already begun penning those screenplays. It was previously reported that he pitched an original two-movie arc to producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson while the twenty-third Bond movie was still filming.
The twenty-fourth installment will likely begin filming in Pinewood Studios in 2013, and the film itself is projected for a fall 2014 release. As for the twenty-fifth one, the tentative release date has yet to be unveiled.
As for "Skyfall", the film will not open in the U.S. before November 9, but it has been released in many international markets since October 26. The film broke records in international markets as it debuted to more than $77.7 million and became the second highest opening weekend sales in the U.K., trailing behind the 3D-enhanced "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II".
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?