Lady GaGa to Split 'ARTPOP' Into 'Commercial' and 'Experimental' Volumes
Lady GaGa shared more juicy information about her fourth studio album, "ARTPOP", on her social networking site, Little Monsters.com. The glam pop sensation revealed that she wanted to split the new project into a radio-friendly "commercial" volume and a more edgy "experimental" version, which will be released six months apart.
"It's a bit more modern. You never know if radio is ready," said the "Born This Way" hitmaker. "I can't decide how to tracklist it yet. Sort of thinking that vol. 1 should have all the commercial songs and save the experimental material for vol. 2," she explained.
Mother Monster definitely seems to be embarking on a very ambitious project. Besides pouring her time on writing and recording songs for "ARTPOP", she has also been busy with work for an interactive app that will accompany the release of the album. "It's coming along amazingly. The developers on ARTPOP are all like 22 and genius kids. You'd be surprised how many genius little monsters there are," exclaimed GaGa.
Other things that keep GaGa occupied are her collaborations with diverse artists such as Kendrick Lamar, Azealia Banks, and Tony Bennett, whom she would duet for a jazz album.
"ARTPOP" has some powerhouse musicians working on it such as electrohouse wunderkinder Zedd & Madeon and past GaGa producers RedOne, DJ White Shadow as well as Fernando Garibay. The album is expected to hit stores early 2013.
More Lady GaGa News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake